• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-Box [EngSub] [EngDub]

Widgets Magazine
    http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4428771.html
    EDIT: posted by http://www.gainax.co.jp/anime/psg/news/0117.html

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-Box to be released sometime in 2013. According to reports, it will include the English dub. The series was originally released in 6 single volumes back in 2010/2011.
    Last edited by WTK; 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM.

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-Box

Hmmm, if this was priced decently (as far as Japanese Blu-ray prices go anyway), what sense would it make to upgrade from the US DVD-Box release to the Japanese Blu-ray Box release (assuming if the English dub is included)?
    If you can't tell, I'm considering getting this sometime in the future...
    I'M THE GREATEST ONE-SHOT VILLAIN THAT NEVER LIVED!!!
    Avatar: Zanald Beihart from "Mobile Suit Gundam AGE"

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Andrews View Post
      what sense would it make to upgrade from the US DVD-Box release to the Japanese Blu-ray Box release[/SIZE]
      With a US BD/DVD set available from Funimation? Very little...

But this is the JP importers forum section, very little sense is made here (as far as most anime buyers would consider) :D

Seriously though, the US BDs did not exactly look like 1080p, I don't expect a JP release will be much of an improvement in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
        what sense would it make to upgrade from the US DVD-Box release to the Japanese Blu-ray Box release

But this is the JP importers forum section, very little sense is made here (as far as most anime buyers would consider) :D

Seriously though, the US BDs did not exactly look like 1080p, I don't expect a JP release will be much of an improvement in that area.
        True, though I was wondering from a collector's standpoint. Plus, I would be nice to own at least ONE import anime release in my lifetime.

Comment

As a collector, I would say pansuto is pretty unique, so it'll likely have a better half-life than some of generic moe/harem/imouto shows we've been importing here lately

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
            what sense would it make to upgrade from the US DVD-Box release to the Japanese Blu-ray Box release

True, though I was wondering from a collector's standpoint. Plus, I would be nice to own at least ONE import anime release in my lifetime.
            There are much better imports to start with than this, so skip it, I'd say. I'm not knocking the show in question here, but rather the value and desirability from a collector's standpoint.

The most likely form this box set will take is a digipak or multi-disc keepcases cases in an artbox, with perhaps a new booklet. So, you'd gain what would likely be a fancier-looking artbox and perhaps some exclusive artwork, but you'd possibly lose the subtitles, as well as at least some of the extras that FUNimation was able to acquire. Maybe all the extras, since if Kadokawa is reauthoring the discs to include the dub, it's not unreasonable to think they might also take the time to strip out everything except just the episodes. Unless they surprise everyone by not only keeping everything, but even upscaling and including all of the stuff that was on the bonus DVDs that came with the original Blu-ray singles (none of which would be subtitled, most likely). Regardless of content, also, it's Kadokawa, so I would be expecting it to be priced higher than the average for Japanese releases, or relative to re-released content.

You may as well just upgrade to FUNimation's Blu-ray set, since it has fancy packaging (glitter!) and additional extras not found on the initial DVD release.

At any rate, even if this is your number one show, you could put your money to better use on other import items that would be of better collector's value. Like the film you've taken your avatar from, for example, which is being released in Japan this month. Or any of the various first-round releases from Aniplex, Bandai Visual, or Warner Bros. Japan that come with fancy things and also include at least subtitles if those are a minimal requirement.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Yeah, I see what you're saying.

Comment

If you wanted to collect/import something from PSG I'd suggest the art book they released. If you're just looking to buy something imported, I think a movie or an OVA is a good place to start. You probably only have to buy one to have the complete set which makes the price commitment a lot cheaper than starting with a series.

Comment

Seriously, if you're just looking to import something, go for Yamato 2199, or the upcoming Gurren Lagann BD set.
                  -Keith

Comment

http://macgy.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-05-22-6 | KAXA-9800
                    Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray BOX Forever Bitch Edition [Blu-ray]
                    税込価格:27,300円
                    発売日:2013/10/25

Comment

So reportedly, it will include both EngDub and EngSub.

http://macgy.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-05-23
                      Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray BOX Forever Bitch Edition [Blu-ray]
                      税込価格:27,300円
                      発売日:2013/10/25
                      ディスク枚数:4枚組(BD3枚+CD1枚)
                      パッケージ:三方背収納BOX
                      封入特典:
                      ●特典CD 「Fly Away(☆Taku Takahashi Remix)+Mini DJ Mix by ☆Taku Takahashi
                      特典:
                      ●ノーカット音声、英語音声、英語字幕、日本語字幕
                      ●ゴースト爆発シーン集
                      ●実写ドキュメンタリー
                      ●短編映像集「Panty & Stocking in Sanitarybox」
                      ●ノンクレジットOP&ED
                       他

Comment

Re: Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt BD-Box [EngSub] [EngDub]

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray BOX Forever Bitch Edition [EngSub] [EngDub]

Amazon Japan listing

CD Japan
                        Blu-ray box release from popular comedy anime series "Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt" with English subtitles all housed in a gatefold with transparent trays. Also comes with 30mn special CD such "Fly Away" remix and "Mini DJ Mix" by Taku Takahashi and much more.

Special Features: documentary, short video collection, and more
                        Last edited by WTK; 05-23-2013, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Humm I wonder if it will be the same disc as Funi's release.
                          Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Originally posted by Shin Mazinger View Post
                            Humm I wonder if it will be the same disc as Funi's release.
                            Why would it when Japanese subtitles are included?

Comment

NSFW

http://kadokawa-anime.jp/psg/dvd/003519.php

Cover (NSFW) | original packaging shot

NSFW

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...