X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] 009 RE:CYBORG [EngSub]

Widgets Magazine
    http://www.ph9.jp/ | http://www.vap.co.jp/category/1363591046863/

Release date: May 22nd, 2013. EngSub included for the movie feature.

Amazon Japan listings: BD-Box / BD (Reg) / DVD (Reg)
    • BD-Box (Deluxe Edition; 2D BD + 3D BD): 10290yen
    • BD (Reg): 6090yen
    • DVD (Reg): 5040yen

via CD Japan
    - BD-Box
    Deluxe Blu-ray box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") in 3D and "D. Features 120 minutes bonus footage for a total of 3 discs. Includes making of (interview of Kenji Kamiyama, composer Kenji Kawai etc.), press conference, CM, TV spot and much more. Comes also with 3 booklets ("setting off" 56 pages, making of "009 RE:Animation" 112 pages, second making of "009 Re:creation" 35 pages.)

Special Features: "009 RE:CYBORG special prologue," press conference, teasers, trailers, and more
    - BD Reg
    Regular Blu-ray box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") Includes 24 page booklet and digipak.

Special Features: "009 RE:CYBORG special prologue," press conference, teasers, trailers, and more
    - DVD Reg
    Regular DVD box from "Cyborg 009" theatrical anime directed by Kenji Kamiyama ("Ghost in the Shell S.A.C", "East of Eden") Includes 24 page booklet and digipak.

Last edited by WTK; 03-19-2013, 10:43 AM.

Re: 009 RE:CYBORG [EngSub]

Excellent news about the English sub, i'll surly grab the BD when it is out.
    Formerly "Mazinkaizer" at AOD

Comment

Could i just watch this by itself? or would i need to watch the series first?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Harris View Post
        It's a new adaptation/reimagining of the original manga, not a continuation or spinoff, so you should be fine if you've never read the manga or seen the TV series.

EDIT: I'm glad to see they're including the 3D version. Not that I'm a huge proponent of 3D, necessarily, but for something action-y and CG-animated like this it should work well. And on principle if it exists I'd like to have access to it, particularly when it's just not something that's been applied to anime productions thus far; I think it's just been the post-converted Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society - Another Dimension version, and the .hack//Sekai no Mukou ni film (also action-y and CG-animated).
        Last edited by Hayate Kurogane; 03-20-2013, 01:11 PM.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
          It's a new adaptation/reimagining of the original manga, not a continuation or spinoff, so you should be fine if you've never read the manga or seen the TV series.
          Ahh that's good. Well ive ordered the blu-ray box deluxe edition

Comment

in the specifications for the BD-Box, it says: ・日本語/英語字幕つき(本編ディスクのみ)
            which in google translate says: With English subtitles (Japanese / disk this title only)
            what does the part in the brackets mean?

Comment

which in google translate says: With English subtitles (Japanese / disk this title only)
              They're just specifying that only the movie will have English subtitles, not any of the extra content.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                They're just specifying that only the movie will have English subtitles, not any of the extra content.
                ahhh i see, thanks

Comment

updated pic of the BD-BOX
                  Last edited by RyanH; 04-19-2013, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Unboxing video of the BD BOX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIRI7rJ1fzI

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...