Widgets Magazine
    http://senran.tv/

Amazon Japan links: ALL | Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4, Vol.5, Vol.6
    • Vol.1 - 7350yen, 3/27
    • Vol.2 to Vol.6: 7350yen each
    • DVD volumes: 6300yen each

via CD Japan
    - Vol.1
    Includes episode 1 and 2 plus an ova. Comes with a drama CD.

First Press Detail: a box to house three volumes of the series & a B4 bath poster featuring illustration by Nan Yaegashi, digipak with illustration of Takashi Torii, a booklet with setting materials, and a product code to obtain bonus items (system requirements unknown)
    (source)
    Last edited by WTK; 01-06-2013, 09:51 AM.

Re: Senran Kagura

Been waiting for preorders to open up for this. I'm pretty much the built-in audience for this show to begin with (i.e., it was on my list long ago regardless of the show only now just coming to TV), and now that the Upotte!! Blu-ray discs are done I have an empty spot in the budget for something fanservicey. I still think it's a shame that Artland is animating it, but it is what it is.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
      I still think it's a shame that Artland is animating it, but it is what it is.
      Yeah, in fact, responses in 2ch's Senran Kagura thread are:

「制作がアートランドと言う点で作画には不安を感じる」
       ↓
      「なんか既にPVの時点で作画ヤバそうなんだが大丈夫か? 」
       ↓
      「作画はもう少しどうにかならなかったのか 」
      「1話目からちょっと絵が崩れてたな。心配すぎる。」
      「作画もそんな良くないし…」
      「こういうアニメは作画が命だからなぁ これ以上崩れるときびしー」
      「作画が1話なのにビミョーやった」
      「ヤシガニでも出せば話題になるかも」
      「キャベツも出そう」
      「初回から作画がウンコとか何なの」
      「作画云々はもう話したくないレベル」

Maybe Animation Studio Artland Inc. is still a gross-uke-level company after all.

As to connections between Senran Kagura and Artland/Animation Studio Artland, Marvelous Entertainment had bought out former Artland in 2006, and Animation Studio Artland made animation sequences for Marvelous Entertainment's/Marvelous AQL's Senran Kagura games.

Comment

I decided to check out the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. It was animated quite nicely and the characters designs were pretty good. Hopefully, the budget wasn't blown on the first episode (if the ED is reused, well, that was money saved...haha). Now, I just hope episodes 5-10 don't have derptastic off-character models 90% of the time.

As a fan of the series (I do own both 3DS games and played the first one for a short bit...loved it), this one is on the radar for potential importing.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
          As to connections between Senran Kagura and Artland/Animation Studio Artland, Marvelous Entertainment had bought out former Artland in 2006, and Animation Studio Artland made animation sequences for Marvelous Entertainment's/Marvelous AQL's Senran Kagura games.
          I don't know if I'll ever stop being upset about that, since that's entirely why Gunslinger Girl: Il Teatrino looks so terrible.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

Originally posted by superdry View Post
            I decided to check out the first episode and was pleasantly surprised. It was animated quite nicely and the characters designs were pretty good. Hopefully, the budget wasn't blown on the first episode (if the ED is reused, well, that was money saved...haha). Now, I just hope episodes 5-10 don't have derptastic off-character models 90% of the time.
            The promos were suspiciously acceptable, as such things always are, but it's a step in the right direction if the show itself starts out fine, even though first episodes are also never a good benchmark.

Well, I just keep telling myself that if Zexcs managed to turn itself into a studio capable of decent animation, then Artland must also be able to eventually.
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

even though first episodes are also never a good benchmark.
              Yup! That's why I'm a little worried after watching the first episode...

Well, I just keep telling myself that if Zexcs managed to turn itself into a studio capable of decent animation, then Artland must also be able to eventually.
              ...unless Artland received a really good budget to work with from the production committee.

Even if the show turns out to be mediocre, the extras bundled with the BDs are mighty tempting.

Comment

Even if the show turns out to be mediocre, the extras bundled with the BDs are mighty tempting.
                I'm really happy with what's been listed. I feel sometimes like Media Factory doesn't come through with enough bonus stuff for their releases, given where they sit on the price spectrum, so this release is looking good. Interesting that it looks like the nicest items are quite limited, which has become less of a trend in recent years; setting aside CD Japan's first-press designation, which is something they use almost as a default whenever they're not sure, the Amazon Japan pages do make a point of mentioning the limited nature of the artboxes, booklets, digipak packaging and posters.
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

I'm really happy with what's been listed. I feel sometimes like Media Factory doesn't come through with enough bonus stuff for their releases, given where they sit on the price spectrum, so this release is looking good. Interesting that it looks like the nicest items are quite limited, which has become less of a trend in recent years; setting aside CD Japan's first-press designation, which is something they use almost as a default whenever they're not sure, the Amazon Japan pages do make a point of mentioning the limited nature of the artboxes, booklets, digipak packaging and posters.
                  The bonus stuff they give out are pretty standard (at least the few shows I do own from them), so, yup, this is a nice release. Regarding limited editions being limited, only Geneon limited editions are truly limited editions (I don't think they solicit regular and limited edition at the same time usually...I can't remember).

Comment

The bonus stuff they give out are pretty standard (at least the few shows I do own from them), so, yup, this is a nice release. Regarding limited editions being limited, only Geneon limited editions are truly limited editions (I don't think they solicit regular and limited edition at the same time usually...I can't remember).
                    The last Media Factory show I imported was Ben-To, and while each volume did come with extra little pack-in things, none of them were anything to get really excited about. At any rate, it's unusual for Amazon Japan to go out of their way to warn customers about items except in actual first-press situations, which this seems to be; while those aforementioned bonus items are specified as items that not everyone might get, the drama CD will still come with each copy, so there are a couple of levels here.

Limited in general does still mean limited in the sense that only a finite number of units with associated bonus items was produced, though since you never can tell how well a show will sell and how many copies were produced in the first place, it's tough to get a sense of what's going on unless an LE actually sells out, and then one can make a very rough estimate from things like the Oricon sales numbers to date about how many copies were produced. Several of the LEs for the first season of Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon actually did sell out some months ago, while the RE versions that were solicited alongside each LE volume are still available. I haven't tried to estimate what the production run might have been, but regardless, it just reinforces the best lesson in these situations is: buy early!
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

New Artland is usually regarded as a gross-uke company (a subcontractor that makes 1 episode), and even as a gross-uke company, it is often said that an episode which Artland makes is a cause of anxiety/disappointment. Yeah, whether new Artland can become an anime studio which is able to deal with full series well remains to be solved in the future.

Comment

Amazon Japan listing

Looks to be the OVA that will come with JP PS4 & PS Vita.

standalone BD: 6480yen. April 24, 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                          Amazon Japan listing

Ah. That's good and convenient of them to plan and announce a standalone release in advance, so I don't spend extra money on a game that I actually can't play at the moment just to get the OVA for completeness' sake.
                          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
                            Amazon Japan listing

http://senran.tv/products/ova.html

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/ZMXZ-9967
                            Blu-ray release of an ova from anime & game series "Senran Kagura." Produced by Hoods Entertainment of "The Qwaser of Stigmata." Features 20 popular female voice artists such as Hitomi Harada, Asami Imai, Yu Kobayashi, Eri Kitamura, Ai Kayano, Yuka Iguchi, and more. Comes with a special leaflet.

Special Feature / Bonus Track: promotional videos

First Press Detail: illustrated covers, special drama CD, four illustration cards, code to get items to use in the game "Senran Kagura Estival Versus - Shojo Tachi no Sentaku - (PS4/PS Vita)" (system requirements unknown)

Comment

^ cover + packaging shot

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X