Clear All

• [JP BD] Sakura Wars: The Movie

Widgets Magazine
    Amazon Japan links: LE / Reg
    • LE - 7875yen, 1/25
    • Reg - 5040yen, 1/25

Re: Sakura Wars: The Movie

About time!

Fingers crossed for a good audio and video quality result!
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Will be getting that LE. Should be about the right time to go on an order with Yamato 2199 vol. 4.

Comment

A very brief initial look at the disc reveals what I would consider to be a positive result. The video looks to be sourced from a good clean film print; while there are perhaps complaints to be made about the amount of grain and jitter present, the resulting quality isn't bad at all in my opinion, all things considered. The picture is perhaps a bit soft, though that's tough to quantify given the grain. I suppose they could have really gone out of their way to clean it all up by going back to the source elements and re-photographing/-scanning and all that, but not even Japan would do that for a decade-plus-old animated installment of a franchise in decline, I guess. No HD audio either (choices are linear PCM 2.0 and 5.1, and DD5.1), but again, given the circumstances, not entirely surprising. The extras are largely in rough shape, being essentially unaltered from their original state; there's nothing quite like an edited-in-SD, composite-sourced original trailer full of aliasing and cross-coloration, in HD! :D

And of course what it really made me think, not for the first time, is how nice it would be to have the Ah! My Goddess movie on Blu-ray.
        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X