Widgets Magazine

Accel World singles / BD-Box [EngSub] / Infinite Burst (4KUHD)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [JP BD] Accel World singles / BD-Box [EngSub] / Infinite Burst (4KUHD)

Widgets Magazine
    Amazon Japan listings: Vol.1, Vol.2, Vol.3, Vol.4, Vol.5, Vol.6, Vol.7, Vol.8

Vol.1 - 8190yen, 7/25

(source) <- EDIT: Kinokuniya lists EngSub for both Blu-ray and DVD releases.
    Last edited by WTK; 07-31-2012, 12:24 AM.

Re: Accel World

From ANN

Accel World BDs/DVDs to Bundle Original Anime

The online retailer Amazon.co.jp is listing eight Blu-ray and DVD volumes of the Accel World television anime series, and each volume will include an all-new Actual World anime. J.C. Staff is producing these anime extras based on Akariryuryū's four-panel spinoff manga Actual World, which in turn are inspired by Reki Kawahara's original Accel World story. Yoshiki Yamakawa is directing the extras and designing the characters, while Kenji Sugihara is writing the scripts. Initial pre-orders for the first volume will also include Kawahara's all-new short novel, tentatively titled Accel World -Elements-, with illustrations by HIMA. Pre-ordered copies of each volume will also have an exclusive booklet about the project, a bonus "re acceleration BGM feat. Hiroyuki Oshima" CD with remixes of music from the soundtrack, special packaging illustrated by Yukiko Aikei and Yousuke Kabashima, and a clear case.

Comment

Vol.2 cover + artbox

via Amazon Japan - Vol.2 / artbox (3D) / artbox (flat)

Comment

Re: Accel World [EngSub]

Something a bit unexpected, this series does have EngSub. Kinokuniya is listing the Blu-ray (and also the DVD) releases with EngSub. The first BD volume has been confirmed to have EngSub (for the main feature) @ Mania.com forums.

Comment

Well, that's pretty interesting. I guess they're using Viz's simulcast translations on their releases. I don't think I would be importing it even with subs, as I'm sort of hoping for an eventual Viz release. It does make it something I would consider though. I wonder if this is going to happen more often now that simulcasts are fairly commonplace.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
            I guess they're using Viz's simulcast translations on their releases.
            It's very possible. The JP releases are under Warner Home Video JP.
            It does make it something I would consider though. I wonder if this is going to happen more often now that simulcasts are fairly commonplace.
            It's still pretty much here and there. You see it a bit more with Bandai Visual releases though.

Comment

Are there no more images of the flat boxes?
              AOTY 2015: Food Wars!, AssClass, Seraph of the End, Fafner Exodus, UtaPri3, Herobank, MajinBone, Durarara!!x2, Buddyfight, Vanguard G, Yugioh Arc-V MAL|

Comment

2nd Accel World OVA Release: It's an Onsen OVA!

A funny thing happened on the way to watch Bakemonogatari at Crunchyroll: The upcoming video game for the PS3 and PSP in Japan, Accel World 02: Apex of Acceleration, is scheduled for January 31st. As with the previous game, the special editions will have an original Accel World OVA bundled with the game, on Blu-ray with for the PS3, DVD for the PSP. For more details including previews for the OVA and the game:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...hot-spring-ova

Ah, but what do we have? An onsen edition! Seems like just about all the Accel World gals will be there, plus swimming pool scenes, and apparantly it is measurements day for the girls at school as well. I love the smell of fan service in the morning (afternoon and evening). It smells like [the following statement has been deleted so that it looks like the poster actually typed something raunchy yet humourous]

Anywho, by all means check out the preview on Crunchyroll's news page, as if you haven't already.
                My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Re: 2nd Accel World OVA Release: It's an Onsen OVA!

Why isn't this tagged JP BD/R2J DVD? You do mention Bluray release is bundled with the PS3 game.

Comment

Re: 2nd Accel World OVA Release: It's an Onsen OVA!

Because, unfortunately, I didn't see that tag. Mods, please feel free to correct my error.
                    My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
                    1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
                    2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
                    3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

im just wondering, will they bring out a complete boxset of this? if do how long does it usually take and is it likely to include English subs like the volumes did?

I really wish i started buying the volumes as they came out but now the first press editions are out of stock

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Harris View Post
                        im just wondering, will they bring out a complete boxset of this? if do how long does it usually take and is it likely to include English subs like the volumes did?
                        It's unlikely that there will be a complete box set, since Japanese studios don't tend to go the box set re-release route nearly as often as U.S. studios do. But it's not completely out of the question.

If there was going to be a box set, you could end up waiting two or three years for it.

The subtitles would be most likely retained in a box set if Bandai Visual at that time decided to just repackage the existing discs in a big digipak or multi-disc keepcases in an artbox. Or, they could for some reason decide to reauthor the discs to strip out some of the extras and either keep the same number of discs or condense things onto fewer discs, and the subtitles might be jettisoned during that process. There's really no precedent for this that I can think of, where a Blu-ray singles release with subtitles then got a box set afterwards either with or without those initial subtitles. I'd say that such a box set would be more likely to keep those subtitles than not, but again, that's not a sure thing.

I really wish i started buying the volumes as they came out but now the first press editions are out of stock
                        Accel World, like most Blu-ray releases, did not have proper first-press items as was more common with DVDs (unless you're talking about store-exclusive bonus items). It only had limited edition Blu-ray versions, all copies of which include the CDs, as well as the artboxes that came with volumes 2 and 6, and all of which are still available.

If you're used to looking at CD Japan's website for first-press information, try to get away from doing so, since their listings of first-press items and their classification of what is or is not actually a first-press item are notoriously unreliable.
                        asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                        Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                        Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Bandai Visual? This is distributed by Warner Home Video:
                          Originally posted by ANN
                          Production:
                          ASCII Media Works
                          GENCO
                          Namco Bandai Games
                          Sunrise
                          Warner Bros.
                          Warner doesn't really have a history of boxsets, but last year they did put out sets for Roukyuubu and Heaven's Memo Pad, which both had ASCII/Klockworx in the production committee. These were released about 10 months after the last single. I guess there might be a boxset, but there's no telling really.

Comment

Originally posted by progress View Post
                            Bandai Visual? This is distributed by Warner Home Video
                            One of these days I'll remember that properly. Until then, y'all will just have to put up with me.

Once I got it into my brain early on that Accel World was a Sunrise-animated title with animation designs by one of the character designers from Kyoukaisen-jou no Horizon and was being released on Blu-ray with subtitles, my brain then automatically filed it away under "Bandai Visual release" and I've yet to be able to correct it.
                            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                            Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                            Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                              It's unlikely that there will be a complete box set, since Japanese studios don't tend to go the box set re-release route nearly as often as U.S. studios do. But it's not completely out of the question.

If there was going to be a box set, you could end up waiting two or three years for it.

The subtitles would be most likely retained in a box set if Bandai Visual at that time decided to just repackage the existing discs in a big digipak or multi-disc keepcases in an artbox. Or, they could for some reason decide to reauthor the discs to strip out some of the extras and either keep the same number of discs or condense things onto fewer discs, and the subtitles might be jettisoned during that process. There's really no precedent for this that I can think of, where a Blu-ray singles release with subtitles then got a box set afterwards either with or without those initial subtitles. I'd say that such a box set would be more likely to keep those subtitles than not, but again, that's not a sure thing.

Accel World, like most Blu-ray releases, did not have proper first-press items as was more common with DVDs (unless you're talking about store-exclusive bonus items). It only had limited edition Blu-ray versions, all copies of which include the CDs, as well as the artboxes that came with volumes 2 and 6, and all of which are still available.

If you're used to looking at CD Japan's website for first-press information, try to get away from doing so, since their listings of first-press items and their classification of what is or is not actually a first-press item are notoriously unreliable.
                              Thanks Hayate Kurogane, as always your a massive help!! looks like i can get all the volumes off amazon except for one which says it doesn't ship to me address but i guess ill get that else where. And yeah i was confused about the 'first press' thing because someone on youtube mentioned it in an unboxing and yeah i did look at CDJapan xD my mistake haha

Just ordered the first 4 volumes, lol i just might reach my credit limit this month with all these orders im making haha
                              Last edited by RyanH; 03-21-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X