Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steins;Gate Anime Music CDs

Widgets Magazine
    Wasn't sure if this was best fit in General Anime, JP Blu-ray, or somewhere else, but I'll try it here.

Does anyone know what CDs most efficiently encompass all the music used in the Steins;Gate anime? For example, for the Clannad anime series, this would include Sorarado, Mabinogi, Clannad Original Soundtrack, Sorarado Append, -Memento-, Mag Mell / Dango Daikazoku, and Toki o Kizamu Uta / Torch, but not Piano no Mori, Clannad Film Soundtrack, "Toki o Kizamu Uta / Torch" Piano Arrange Disc, Mag Mell, or Yakusoku. And if there are any of those that I wouldn't be able to find on CDJapan, could you point me to where I might find those somewhere that I could get the CD alone? Thanks!
    My Top Anime | Manga
    My Collection
    My FP Reviews | Twitter
    FPR Episodes | iTunes | Twitter | Facebook

Re: Steins;Gate Anime Music CDs

Originally posted by GingaDaiuchuu View Post
    Wasn't sure if this was best fit in General Anime, JP Blu-ray, or somewhere else, but I'll try it here.

Does anyone know what CDs most efficiently encompass all the music used in the Steins;Gate anime? For example, for the Clannad anime series, this would include Sorarado, Mabinogi, Clannad Original Soundtrack, Sorarado Append, -Memento-, Mag Mell / Dango Daikazoku, and Toki o Kizamu Uta / Torch, but not Piano no Mori, Clannad Film Soundtrack, "Toki o Kizamu Uta / Torch" Piano Arrange Disc, Mag Mell, or Yakusoku. And if there are any of those that I wouldn't be able to find on CDJapan, could you point me to where I might find those somewhere that I could get the CD alone? Thanks!
    I went through the official sites, some retailers' sites and some otaku culture-related Japanese news articles cursorily.
    Since the companies concerned do trying-to-be-cool, confusing and 'greedy' media-franchise strategy, it is rather difficult to sort info about CDs related to Steins;Gate.

The about-CDs section of the official site for the Steins;Gate TV anime lists only two music CDs (other two are drama CDs):

The 'Hacking to the Gate' single CD (the OP tune)
    MFCZ-1005 (limited edition), MFCZ-1006 (regular edition)

and

The 'Toki Tsukasadoru Juni no Meiyaku' single CD (the ED tune. Side-B is 'Uruwashiki Seduce'.)
    MFCZ-1007 (limited edition), MFCZ-1008 (regular edition)

In 2013, the 5pb. company has released Steins;Gate Vocal Best 2-CD set.
    Most of its tunes are for the Steins;Gate video games, but Steins;Gate Vocal Best includes:

'Hacking to the Gate'
    'Toki Tsukasadoru Juni no Meiyaku'
    'Sky Clad no Kansokusha' (A tune for the video game, but used also as the ED tune for Episode 23 of the anime.)
    'Another Heaven' (A tune for the video game, but used also as the ED tune for Episode 24 of the anime.)
    'Masquerade' (the theme for Rai Net Show.)

In 2016, Media Factory has released the Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii CD Box set.
    Most of its tunes are for the Steins;Gate video games, but the Box set includes:

'Hacking to the Gate'
    'Toki Tsukasadoru Juni no Meiyaku'
    'Sky Clad no Kansokusha'
    'Another Heaven'
    'Masquerade'
    'Uruwashiki Seduce' (the image song for the anime.)
    'Anata no Eranda Kono Toki o' (the theme for the Steins;Gate theatrical anime.)
    'Itsumo Kono Basho de' (the ED tune for Steins;Gate theatrical anime.)

Amazon Japan lists the single CDs of 'Anata no Eranda Kono Toki o' and 'Itsumo Kono Basho de'.

Amazon Japan also lists the single CD of 'Sky Clad no Kansokusha' (Side-B is 'Another Heaven'.)

Amazon Japan also lists the 'Watashi Love na Otome' single CD (used in Ep.2 and Ep.9) and the 'My White Ribbon' single CD (used in Ep.9).

As to the sound-track CDs, they seem to have been released as appendices to the limited-edition Blu-ray discs.
    The sound-track CD 1 for the Steins;Gate TV anime -> The lmited edition of Volume 2 of the TV anime BD.
    The sound-track CD 2 for the Steins;Gate TV anime -> The lmited edition of Volume 8 of the TV anime BD.
    The sound-track CD for the Steins;Gate theatrical anime -> The limited edition of the theatrical anime BD.

Sorry if what I have written here is insufficient, but I hope it will be useful to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
      Sorry if what I have written here is insufficient, but I hope it will be useful to you.
      Very useful; thank you.

It​ sounds like Steins;Gate Vocal Best probably has everything I'd need for vocal songs from the anime series since the image song isn't actually used in the anime and I should've specified originally that I'm particularly looking for music from the TV series, not the film. If Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii happened to include 'Watashi Love na Otome' and 'My White Ribbon' I'd choose that over Vocal Best, but they're not important enough for me to buy them alone. Given that information, do you think Vocal Best should have me covered as much as anything could?

Do you know if those soundtrack CDs had their own packaging within the BDs? For example, Mabinogi was only released with the Clannad visual novel, but it came in its own case, so it was easy for people to sell it on their own, which is how I got it originally. If not, I imagine there had to at least have been a standalone soundtrack for the visual novel with some music that was also used in the anime?
      Last edited by GingaDaiuchuu; 02-02-2018, 11:27 PM.
      My Top Anime | Manga
      My Collection
      My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

Very useful; thank you.
        It's a pleasure.

Do you know if those soundtrack CDs had their own packaging within the BDs? For example, Mabinogi was only released with the Clannad visual novel, but it came in its own case, so it was easy for people to sell it on their own, which is how I got it originally. If not, I imagine there had to at least have been a standalone soundtrack for the visual novel with some music that was also used in the anime?
        This guy wrote an article about the limited edition of Volume 4 of the Steins;Gate TV anime Blu-ray Disc when he bought and opened it.
        http://hanemitsuru.blog105.fc2.com/b...y-1282.html?sp
        And one of the photos shows us that the Blu-ray Disc case holds both the BD and the CD (a radio CD). So I conjecture probably the sound-track CDs, too, are held by the BD cases in the same way, rather than the sound-track CDs have their own CD jewel cases or something.

Comment

It​ sounds like Steins;Gate Vocal Best probably has everything I'd need for vocal songs from the anime series since the image song isn't actually used in the anime and I should've specified originally that I'm particularly looking for music from the TV series, not the film. If Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii happened to include 'Watashi Love na Otome' and 'My White Ribbon' I'd choose that over Vocal Best, but they're not important enough for me to buy them alone. Given that information, do you think Vocal Best should have me covered as much as anything could?
          If what you need is the OP and ED tunes, Steins;Gate Vocal Best seems to be a good buy. It is 3250 yen (MSRP).

Comment

This guy wrote an article about the limited edition of Volume 4 of the Steins;Gate TV anime Blu-ray Disc when he bought and opened it.
            http://hanemitsuru.blog105.fc2.com/b...y-1282.html?sp
            And one of the photos shows us that the Blu-ray Disc case holds both the BD and the CD (a radio CD). So I conjecture probably the sound-track CDs, too, are held by the BD cases in the same way, rather than the sound-track CDs have their own CD jewel cases or something.
            Very unfortunate. You'd think they'd offer another way to purchase the music composed for the anime after all these years.

So for my other options, do you know if any commercially available CDs include background music that was used in the anime series? I see several CDs, including the original soundtrack, Symphonic Material, Symphonic Reunion, etc. Do you know if any of those, and/or any others that can be obtained outside of a BD single, would do anything for what I'm looking for?

If what you need is the OP and ED tunes, Steins;Gate Vocal Best seems to be a good buy. It is 3250 yen (MSRP).
            And any insert songs, preferably, but it doesn't look like Tamashii does me any more good than Vocal Best for that purpose.
            My Top Anime | Manga
            My Collection
            My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

...the original soundtrack,
              Hmm...I don't know the jacket of the CD which you were referring to, but isn't it the sound-track CD for the Steins;Gate video game?

Symphonic Material,
              That is a CD which was released as the appendix to the limited edition of the Steins;Gate PS3 video game.
              So probably the contents are the symphony-orchestral version of the tunes used in the video game.

Symphonic Reunion,
              That is basically Symphonic Material plus some new tracks.
              It was sold at record shops in the ordinary way, rather than released as the appendix to the video game disc.

I'm afraid that regarding the Steins;Gate TV anime sound-track CDs the attitude of the companies concerned is something like 'If you want the sound-track CDs, buy the limited-edition BDs.'
              So another option might be to think about a plan that you are going to buy the (maybe secondhand, thus cheaper) limited-editon Japanese BDs which have the sound-track CDs in question.

And any insert songs, preferably, but it doesn't look like Tamashii does me any more good than Vocal Best for that purpose.
              The price of The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii is approx. 20000 yen (MSRP). So Steins;Gate Vocal Best is probably a better buy for you.
              If you also want the insert songs, you can buy the single CDs of those songs.

Comment

Hmm...I don't know the jacket of the CD which you were referring to, but isn't it the sound-track CD for the Steins;Gate video game?

That is basically Symphonic Material plus some new tracks.
                It was sold at record shops in the ordinary way, rather than released as the appendix to the video game disc.
                Right, I was asking if the soundtrack of the original video game or Symphonic Reunion contained any tracks used in the anime series, as is usually the case for visual novels adapted into anime. For example, there was no new background music composed for the Clannad anime series; it was all taken from the visual novel soundtrack and other existing CDs.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection
                My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

Right, I was asking if the soundtrack of the original video game or Symphonic Reunion contained any tracks used in the anime series, as is usually the case for visual novels adapted into anime. For example, there was no new background music composed for the Clannad anime series; it was all taken from the visual novel soundtrack and other existing CDs.
                  Oh, I see.
                  I don't know whether some tunes from the Steins;Gate video game were used also in the TV anime, but this guy has said that The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii, which includes the contents of the soundtrack CD of the video game, does not include the contents of the soundtrack CDs of the TV anime.
                  http://traveldiary624.blog.fc2.com/b...ry-188.html?sp

If you are lucky, you might be able to find the track lists of the soundtrack CDs of the TV anime.

Or how about inquiring of Media Factory whether the Steins;Gate video game music CDs include tunes used also in the TV anime?
                  Media Factory released both the video game music CDs and the TV anime BDs.
                  https://mediafactory.jp/Form/Inquiry/InquiryInput.aspx

Comment

So here's what I've found, if I'm to believe it's all accurate:

The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii includes the full contents (or at least everything worth caring about) of roughly everything except the anime-exclusive tracks, which remain locked up in those original BD singles for all time, or until Media Factory finally decides they want that extra money from me.

About half of the main tracks of the original soundtrack are directly used in the anime. A few of the most prominent ones also seem to be included on the anime-bundled soundtracks with -- as far as I can tell -- no alterations. This means that those unattainable discs, along with only including tracks used in the anime, as would be expected, include the majority of the complete anime soundtrack, but not all of it, as there are plenty of tracks only on the original soundtrack and The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii that were used in the anime.

The only physical edition of the original soundtrack also comes with episodes of a radio show, which I wouldn't particularly care about even if I was fluent in Japanese, but it's on its own disc that's easy enough to ignore.

Although I wish I could be 100% sure, I haven't found anything to lead me to believe that any of the symphonic versions were used in the anime, meaning I should be able to pass on Symphonic Reunion for now. Listening to a bit of it to compare it against the supposedly complete compilation of tracks used in the anime, I may still like to have it, but it doesn't seem like a necessity.

So The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii certainly includes everything on the original soundtrack that I care about, everything on Vocal Best, everything on Symphonic Reunion (and by extension Symphonic Material), and much more. But it's mostly stuff I don't care to own, so I think I'll probably just buy the original soundtrack and Vocal Best separately, especially since their combined price is less than a third of the price of The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii, and even if I did end up throwing in Symphonic Reunion, the three pieces would still amount to about half of The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii.

So I think I'll have to go with that for now, and just hope that the Steins;Gate 0 anime prompts Media Factory to allow those almost 50 thoughtful original compositions to see the light of day in some fashion. Perhaps we'll eventually get the true anime soundtrack like the ones people have compiled online, which would render my upcoming purchases irrelevant, but I would be very happy if that day were to come.
                    My Top Anime | Manga
                    My Collection
                    My FP Reviews | Twitter

Comment

So The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii certainly includes everything on the original soundtrack that I care about, everything on Vocal Best, everything on Symphonic Reunion (and by extension Symphonic Material), and much more. But it's mostly stuff I don't care to own, so I think I'll probably just buy the original soundtrack and Vocal Best separately, especially since their combined price is less than a third of the price of The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii, and even if I did end up throwing in Symphonic Reunion, the three pieces would still amount to about half of The Sound of Steins;Gate Tamashii.

So I think I'll have to go with that for now, and just hope that the Steins;Gate 0 anime prompts Media Factory to allow those almost 50 thoughtful original compositions to see the light of day in some fashion. Perhaps we'll eventually get the true anime soundtrack like the ones people have compiled online, which would render my upcoming purchases irrelevant, but I would be very happy if that day were to come.
                      If some of the tunes for the video game were used also in the anime (and if you are unwilling to buy the BDs that have the anime soundtrack CDs), to buy Steins;Gate Vocal Best and the game soundtrack CD seems to be budget-wise not a bad idea.
                      If Media Factory releases stand-alone anime soundtrack CDs, certainly, it would be convenient to fans of the Steins;Gate anime.

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X