Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod Hotel Opens at Narita Airport

Widgets Magazine
    Nine Hours has just opened the first airport-based pod hotel at Narita Airport in Japan.

Originally posted by NBCNews.com
    Travelers now have a snug option for sleeping and showering between flights at Tokyo’s Narita Airport. The first airport branch of a capsule hotel called nine hours — the estimated time needed to shower, sleep and groom — offers individual pod-like sleeping spaces, luggage-storage lockers, high-speed Wi-Fi and shared shower and lounge facilities in a pre-security area at Terminal 2. Men and women sleep in separate areas, in door-less pods that are 43 inches wide, 86 inches deep and 43 inches tall. Prices start about $39 for one night and about $15 for one hour if you're in need of a nap.

Claustrophobic? Pod-Like Hotel Opens in Tokyo Airport
    Better known to cyberpunk fans as "coffin hotels", pod hotels are the ultimate in space consciousness, where each "room" is actually just a bed in a small cubby/niche, usually with a locking hatch back out onto the main hallway. And now that there's one at the airport, one has to wonder just how many international travelers will feel the need to stop by and read Neuromancer in one of the pods.
    "The roaring of lions, the howling of wolves, the raging of the stormy sea, and the destructive sword, are portions of eternity too great for the eye of man."

-William Blake, "The Marriage of Heaven and Hell"

Re: Pod Hotel Opens at Narita Airport

It's a bit expensive for a capsule hotel, but then I guess it is by the airport. Most I've paid is 2700 yen for a night, though usually it's been around 2000 yen or so. Their biggest challenge is going to be luggage lockers that are big enough to handle air travel - regular capsule hotel ones aren't exactly designed for that. I might use them if I have an early morning flight though, and I'd be paying for a hotel night anyway and want less stress getting to the airport on time.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X