X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kijakusai
    replied
    Originally posted by Serial Experiments Nobue View Post
    Ahh, mint ice cream. With chocolate chips in it, that's one of my favorites.
    I, too, like mint chocolate chip ice cream.
    Near to a real-life junior high school in Azabu, Tokyo, on which a junior high school that appeared in Taishō Baseball Girls was modelled, there was a Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop, and when I was a child, I often bought mint chocolate chip ice cream at that Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop. I feel old. (´灬`)
    It was one of the oldest Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop in Japan.

You're welcome! Hope you stick around to share your many cultural insights again!
    Again, thank you very much.

...or here in New England, too! It's been a very hot and humid summer, so their clothes would also be just right for the conditions here.
    Oh, Miss Coppola and Miss Sakuragi Go to New England?
    Despite her being a Britisher from old England, Ana is not good at speaking English. So Ana may need an interpreter in New England.
    Matsuri may be too shy to talk with gaijin-san in New England.
    If I remember correctly, in Strawberry Marshmallow, there was a chapter/episode where Matsuri became good at English and she showed a foreign person the way to the destination in English, though.

Leave a comment:

• Serial Experiments Nobue
    replied
    Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
    It is not a bad thing to watch a video of Sapporo-in-winter's Snow Miku tram in summer. ^_^
    It may be like eating ice cream in summer. (Judging from the colour of Miku-san's hair, it may be mint ice cream.)

Ahh, mint ice cream. With chocolate chips in it, that's one of my favorites.

Thank you very much. ^_^
    You're welcome! Hope you stick around to share your many cultural insights again!

Strawberry Marshmallow is set in Shizuoka Prefecture, and the temperature in Shizuoka on August 8 was 93.2 °F.
    In your avatar, Ana-chan and Matsuri-chan wear nice summer clothes suitable for hot summer days in Shizuoka Prefecture.
    ...or here in New England, too! It's been a very hot and humid summer, so their clothes would also be just right for the conditions here.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied
    Always a welcome sight to signal cooler weather is in our future.
    It is not a bad thing to watch a video of Sapporo-in-winter's Snow Miku tram in summer. ^_^
    It may be like eating ice cream in summer. (Judging from the colour of Miku-san's hair, it may be mint ice cream.)

And welcome back kijakusai! Haven't seen your postings in quite a while.
    Thank you very much. ^_^

Strawberry Marshmallow is set in Shizuoka Prefecture, and the temperature in Shizuoka on August 8 was 93.2 °F.
    In your avatar, Ana-chan and Matsuri-chan wear nice summer clothes suitable for hot summer days in Shizuoka Prefecture.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Re: Snow Miku

earlgreyv3 has videoed the Snow Miku Tram 2020.
    Always a welcome sight to signal cooler weather is in our future.

And welcome back kijakusai! Haven't seen your postings in quite a while.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

earlgreyv3 has videoed the Snow Miku Tram 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55WefCZrhXg

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied
    Haha, if only I were that clever. Mere coincidence, I assure you.
    Oh, since you had done the pun on the 390-yen fare for the Snow 39 tram, I was under the impression that you had intentionally posted the message on the thread at 09:39 PM. ^_^;
    But isn't there a possibility that without even your knowing it something supernatural/paranormal has made you post the message at 09:39 PM in order to make you do the pun? ^_^;

The snow festival is about a month and a half away, and since I'm going through a slump right now, it might take that long to accomplish anything else.
    Hmm...going through a slump?
    Recently I happened to re-read a KanColle-themed dojinshi in which warship girl Akigumo, who is a dojinshi artist, is in the middle of a slump and cannot draw a manga well. The advice from warship girl Hamakaze, who is the assistant to Akigumo, is 'When a writer/artist is in the middle of a slump, a way to come out of the slump is to change his/her viewpoint.'
    Since what I re-read is a comedy KanColle-themed dojinshi, Hamakaze has recommended a funny and odd way to change the viewpoint to Akigumo, though. ^_^;

Though maybe Rin-chan can give me new inspiration.
    Yeah, Rin-chan may be a Muse who inspires artist Nobue-san. ^_^

Leave a comment:

replied
    Oh, you even know the date when the Sapporo Snow Festival will be held? You seem to be quite knowledgeable about that Snow Festival.
    The Sapporo Snow Festival season is a good timing to draw a piece of fan art of Snow Rin-chan.
    You have posted your message about the Sapporo Snow Festival on this thread at 09:39 PM, and methinks you intentionally did the pun on 39 (mi-ku). ^_^
    Haha, if only I were that clever. Mere coincidence, I assure you. The snow festival is about a month and a half away, and since I'm going through a slump right now, it might take that long to accomplish anything else. Though maybe Rin-chan can give me new inspiration.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

That is a good idea. I'm due to try some fanart again soon. And at my pace, maybe it will be ready for the Sapporo Snow Festival!
    Oh, you even know the date when the Sapporo Snow Festival will be held? You seem to be quite knowledgeable about that Snow Festival.
    The Sapporo Snow Festival season is a good timing to draw a piece of fan art of Snow Rin-chan.
    You have posted your message about the Sapporo Snow Festival on this thread at 09:39 PM, and methinks you intentionally did the pun on 39 (mi-ku). ^_^

Leave a comment:

replied
    Since you are an artist, it may be not a bad idea that you draw a piece of fan art of Snow Rin-chan. ^_^
    That is a good idea. I'm due to try some fanart again soon. And at my pace, maybe it will be ready for the Sapporo Snow Festival!

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Oh, to be able to ride that.
    I hope you will be able to visit Hokkaido in winter in the future.

Is the fare 390 yen? ^_^
    '390 yen' is a nice witty wordplay fare for the Snow 39 tram. ^_^
    Another idea is '393 yen', and it can be read as 'Miku-san', and the second '3' functions as the honorific.
    But 390 yen / 393 yen may be kinda unpopular with people who have a economical mind, because the usual fare for the Sapporo City tram is 200 yen. ^_^; The fare for the bus run by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government is 210 yen.
    Another downside of the '393 yen' idea is that passengers who don't use smart fare cards or the fare box which gives change to passengers has to have 1-yen coins. ^_^;

Now where's my Snow Rin? ^_^;
    Fans of Megurine Luka probably think, 'Where's our Snow Luka?'
    Since you are an artist, it may be not a bad idea that you draw a piece of fan art of Snow Rin-chan. ^_^

Leave a comment:

replied

Rush07kai has videoed the Snow Miku Tram 2020.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTiDkfoFFQ
    Oh, to be able to ride that. Is the fare 390 yen? ^_^

Now where's my Snow Rin? ^_^;

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Rush07kai has videoed the Snow Miku Tram 2020.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRTiDkfoFFQ

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Nendoroid and figma Snow Miku 2020.
    https://mikatan.goodsmile.info/en/20...now-miku-2020/

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Before the traffic section's running the tram in the city, the traffic section will hold an event where reporters and citizens can see the Snow Miku Tram 2020 at the garage.
    Hokkaido Television Broadcasting news
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4wCkeuDjic

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Before the traffic section's running the tram in the city, the traffic section will hold an event where reporters and citizens can see the Snow Miku Tram 2020 at the garage.
    The event:
    http://blog.piapro.net/2019/11/z1911261-1.html
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdkgwVUXDXM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbqIWXxOJWM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTtQ2YTgbtE

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine