• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kijakusai
    replied
    Re: Vocaloid

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
    ...the 'Nice Age' demo....
    Since 'Nice Age' is a song by YMO, which is a famous electronic music band, it fits that electronic diva well.

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
    Miku's English beta voicebank was demo'd at the NYCC. Still sounds a little rough, though that could be somewhat attributed to the tuning. Crypton plans a release for this coming spring, so there's likely going to be improvements made by then.
    おー、ミクが英語で歌ってるよ。 Oh, she is singing in English. :D

yeah, interestingly it didn't seem better than the 'Nice Age' demo that was released earlier in the year. Though according to the producer- “I produced the song as it would be heard like Japanese. If I didn’t change the sounds of English-Miku, the feeling of the song would be quite different from the original song. So, for example, I changed about 80% of ‘r’ to ‘l’ or ‘v’. I know many native English users are anxious about English-Miku’s pronunciation, but I cannot explain why her pronunciation is bad bacause my English is very poor. I hope anyone inform them of this point.”

I guess even for native-Japanese speakers, Miku's English will likely be an acquired taste. At least whoever uses her English vb for English lyrics, will have an easier time inputting the notes. Getting her Japanese vb to sing English is really difficult for most people.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied
    Miku and Kōhaku Uta Gassen

Hatsune Miku was talked about even in an article about singers who might be going to appear in Kōhaku Uta Gassen that was carried in a weekly magazine for lowbrow housewives.

Leave a comment:

• kijakusai
    replied

Miku's English beta voicebank was demo'd at the NYCC. Still sounds a little rough, though that could be somewhat attributed to the tuning. Crypton plans a release for this coming spring, so there's likely going to be improvements made by then.
    おー、ミクが英語で歌ってるよ。 Oh, she is singing in English. :D

Leave a comment:

• Sensuifu
    replied

Leave a comment:

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
Widgets Magazine
Working...
X