Widgets Magazine

Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends)

Widgets Magazine
    I've encountered problems with the Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends) DVD collection that I got for XMas. Upon checking the first disc, I found that it would freeze momentarily and then resume play (sometimes skipping a few seconds). I checked it on my DVD player, PC, and PS2 to no avail. I opened a ticket with Bandai and they told me to send it to them for a replacement. I checked the other discs and found the same problem on the 4th one. Looking around the net, I noticed a lot of people have had problems with this.

I have a few questions:

Does Bandai actually have copies of these DVDs that will play properly or am I just going to receive another glitch disc?

I only did a spot check on the 6 discs, what are the odds that the other 4 are also messed up somehow?

Oh, I also got the Code Geass (Anime Legends) DVD collection for XMas. Are there any known problems with that release?

Thank you for your time.
    Anime Blu-ray Locked Subtitles Info
    http://lockedsubs.byethost7.com/index.html

Re: Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends)

I have the Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends) DVD collection and have never encountered this problem. Maybe you have a faulty disc.
    "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A RUNT SO TINY HE CAN ONLY BE SEEN THROUGH A MAGNIFYING GLASS, YOU JERK!!!!" - Edward Elric

Comment

Originally posted by Onikirimaru View Post
      I've encountered problems with the Gurren Lagann (Anime Legends) DVD collection that I got for XMas. Upon checking the first disc, I found that it would freeze momentarily and then resume play (sometimes skipping a few seconds). I checked it on my DVD player, PC, and PS2 to no avail. I opened a ticket with Bandai and they told me to send it to them for a replacement. I checked the other discs and found the same problem on the 4th one. Looking around the net, I noticed a lot of people have had problems with this.

I have a few questions:

Does Bandai actually have copies of these DVDs that will play properly or am I just going to receive another glitch disc?

I only did a spot check on the 6 discs, what are the odds that the other 4 are also messed up somehow?

Oh, I also got the Code Geass (Anime Legends) DVD collection for XMas. Are there any known problems with that release?

Thank you for your time.
      Addressing your questions in order:

It's most likely a bad batch of discs so it's very possible the one they send would be OK.

There is a chance the rest of the discs may have the same defect, so it would not hurt to check them.

Don't know if there are wide spread reports of issues with this particular release. At least from this forum. But keep in mind this is Bandai were talking about. A company that has had more than it's fair share of glitched and faulty releases.
      My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
      PSN: RYPLYLER
      3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Seems there are still bad discs floating around. I started watching my copy I got from TRSI last month this week and I got glitchy discs. Disc 1 and Disc 4. I know Bandai sorta isn't around anymore, but their site is still up, so I opened up a ticket to see if anyone will get back to me.

Comment

It took a few months, but I got the replacement discs from Bandai. They seem to be okay, though I haven't watched the whole discs yet.
          Also, I had no problems with Code Geass.

Edit: Finished watching the replacement disc one; no problems.
          Last edited by Onikirimaru; 06-22-2012, 11:19 PM.
          Anime Blu-ray Locked Subtitles Info
          http://lockedsubs.byethost7.com/index.html

Comment

Anyone who purchased the set recently from Amazon or Rightstuf experience any of these issues recently? Was planing on getting it but not sure if they still have issues.

Comment

Hey signed up for this post, I just recived thisd in the mail today factory sealed....

and there was 2 disc ones in it without disc two, has anyone had this happen???

Comment

Originally posted by Talon Bristow View Post
                Hey signed up for this post, I just recived thisd in the mail today factory sealed....

and there was 2 disc ones in it without disc two, has anyone had this happen???
                I don't own this particular release, but I've certainly had that happen a couple of times with other multi-disc releases, where I received duplicate copies of one of the discs. Sentai's release of Samurai Harem is one instance I can recall.

Your simplest course of action would be to do an exchange with the retailer you purchased the set from. Which retailer was that?
                asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

It was an ebay seller just contacted him waiting too get response

Comment

Originally posted by Talon Bristow View Post
                    It was an ebay seller just contacted him waiting too get response
                    Ah. Well, that's a bit more difficult, potentially.

If it were a major retailer like Amazon or specialty retailer like Right Stuf, then an exchange would be no problem. But since it's an eBay seller, who also may have just had a single copy to sell, then that might be a bit harder to work out. They might be nice and try to work something out with you, or they might not want to do anything, especially since you've already opened the set. You could try to make a case for having not received the item you believed you were purchasing, but the issue is due to a manufacturer defect and not malicious intent on the part of the seller, so that might not produce any results.

If contacting the seller doesn't produce any results, you could always try contacting Bandai directly. The website still remains active, since the company is technically still doing business, though I don't know how often they're checking their e-mails. They should still be equipped to offer you a replacement copy. If that doesn't work, then try contacting Right Stuf and asking if there's anything they could do to help you out, since as a specialty retailer that still receives product from Bandai, they should have an open line of communication with whomever is left in charge.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X