Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Sentai Filmworks: Kobato Collection 2

Widgets Magazine
    I was just watching my Kobato Collection 2 and there are quiet a few mistakes, both spelling wise and DVD quality-wise.

First off, they spelled Fai and Mokona's names wrong ("Fay" and "Mocona"). And throughout the entire second DVD, I kept seeing little blocks like this appear on the footage. I already emailed Sentai about it, but I am unsure if they'll fix the problem or not.

I tried it on my iview DVD player, PS3 and Computer, still the same problem with the video quality.
    Last edited by Kazemon15; 11-02-2011, 03:47 PM.

Re: Sentai Filmworks: Kobato Collection 2

Originally posted by Kazemon15 View Post
    I was just watching my Kobato Collection 2 and there are quiet a few mistakes, both spelling wise and DVD quality-wise.

First off, they spelled Fai and Mokona's names wrong ("Fay" and "Mocona").
    I would guess that by "wrong" you actually mean "not like the Internet says." Unless it's an internally inconsistent one-off typo (e.g., in one line it's "Mokona" and another line it's "Mocona"), then what it actually is is another one of those situations where the Japanese have specified English spellings and Sentai is contractually bound to honor them. Either way, it wouldn't be considered a glitch.

And throughout the entire second DVD, I kept seeing little blocks like this appear on the footage. I already emailed Sentai about it, but I am unsure if they'll fix the problem or not.

I tried it on my iview DVD player, PS3 and Computer, still the same problem with the video quality.
    And that is definitely a glitch that would be inherent to your discs rather than being player-based. Hopefully other folks can chime in so we can determine whether you got bad discs, it's a small batch issue, or it's inherent to the masters and therefore affects the entire production run. It would help a lot if you could post the timecodes for a few of the places where you saw this occur.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Well, that's a pain. I watched a couple episodes of the first collection, and I liked them enough, but I kind of have the series on hold right now. I'm not sure when I'm going to get back to it.

If I can get a precise position where the video glitch happens, I might be willing to do a quick check of my copy.
      Last edited by cress2000; 11-03-2011, 12:40 AM.
      Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

I'll have to watch through the DVD again, but I'll try to get the timestamps.

It will be episode by episode though, is that okay? Since that's how the DVD is set up.

Comment

I'll have to watch through the DVD again, but I'll try to get the timestamps.

It will be episode by episode though, is that okay? Since that's how the DVD is set up.
          That should work just fine, to give folks something to reference.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Just finished up the second collection last night. Was watching for the block problem. I only saw it once (I was watching it on my Sony portable DVD player) and that was on episode 22. There were two blocks that appeared on the upper left corner of the screen. To my knowledge that was it on my copy.

Comment

Didn't see any problem with blocks in my Kobato when I was watching it about a month ago, but did notice a fair amount of typos and whatnot.

Has anyone else noticed a VERY sharp drop in Sentai's sub quality as of late? I was appalled at just how unacceptable Motto ToLoveRu's subtitling job was (if I were to nitpick I'd probably have a whole rant thread, but there doesn't seem to be a "Bad Subtitles" sub-forum anyways), and I'm just finishing up an Infinite Stratos marathon, leaving aside some other glaring errors (Tabane is Houki's BROTHER now?), not even once, but at least THREE times they subbed Orimura as Orimoto/Orihara, how do you even manage that?

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X