Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Discotek's Law of Ueki missing subtitles ep 4

Widgets Magazine
    So I was watching Discotek's Law of Ueki BD release, and the subtitles disappear not that far into episode 4 (while they're talking by the shoe lockers); the subs are then gone for the rest of the episode, not showing up again until the start of episode 5. Tested it on my Sony BDP-S5500 and my PS4, and the subtitles vanish on both players.

This seems to be becoming a recurring problem for Discotek. They already said that they are going to fix the disk and Righstuf customers will get the fix automatically. Who knows when it is going to happen though since the Sister Princess replacement disks have not gone out yet....

Comment

Originally posted by Soulblazer View Post
      This seems to be becoming a recurring problem for Discotek. They already said that they are going to fix the disk and Righstuf customers will get the fix automatically. Who knows when it is going to happen though since the Sister Princess replacement disks have not gone out yet....
      I think it takes a few months because they have to isolate/figure out what went wrong and then it takes time to replicate new ones. At least they're quick to admit there's a problem and provide a way to get replacements. (Unlike some of Funi's releases with issues. )

Comment

For anyone curious, the replacement discs have been sent out, since I received mine yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by BalmungHHQ View Post
          For anyone curious, the replacement discs have been sent out, since I received mine yesterday!
          I'm still waiting on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-chan View Post

I'm still waiting on mine.
            Same here. I haven't seen or heard anything (bought my copy through Right Stuf).

Comment

Originally posted by CheechMonger View Post

Same here. I haven't seen or heard anything (bought my copy through Right Stuf).
              I'm beginning to wonder if I should email customer service to ask about it. I realize it takes time to get through orders, but I'm afraid of waiting TOO long and then being told, "OH! We're SO sorry!" or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BalmungHHQ View Post
                Did you contact Right Stuf to get replacement discs? I'm asking because I haven't received anything and I'm wondering if I should give customer service a poke before the insanity known as the holiday shopping season really kicks into gear.

Comment

Did you contact Right Stuf to get replacement discs? I'm asking because I haven't received anything and I'm wondering if I should give customer service a poke before the insanity known as the holiday shopping season really kicks into gear.
                  I haven't received or heard anything either. I sent a message through the web site this morning. I'll see if I get a response and report back.

Comment

Rightstuf sent me the replacement disc on their own. I didn't contact anyone about it.
                    I had assumed they were sent out to everyone who ordered the Law of Ueki set from their site...
                    But yeah, if you haven't heard anything yet, then try contacting them directly.

Comment

I haven't received or heard anything either. I sent a message through the web site this morning. I'll see if I get a response and report back.
                      So I get a reply (and rather prompt, too):

I have reviewed your order, and it looks like your order was shipped out after we received the corrected inventory from the manufacturer. So a replacement disc wouldn't have been sent out.
                      (bold is mine).

Really? Hmmm... I pre-ordered it on 6/20/2018, it was set to street on 7/31/2018, I got a shipping confirmation on 8/3/2018, and delivered on 8/8/2018. So I guess that between when the initial batch was shipped, the issue was discovered, fixed, new discs manufactured and new product shipped out to RS and then shipped to me? Funny, because the subtitles are STILL missing from the episode! Sorry for bit of sarcasm, but I couldn't resist

Oh, and they also asked:

Have you opened and tested out the discs to see if they all work correctly?
                      Uh, yep. But, to be fair, I popped it in again tonight and replayed the episode, and lo and behold the subtitles disappeared

Well, I'll reply to the rep and have them take another look and confirm.

Art-chan, since you haven't gotten a replacement copy yet, I suspect you're on the "do not send to" list like I am, so you may want to reach out to customer service, and maybe put in more than the order number like I did. My reply to them will include all of the above dates (minus the sarcasm).

Comment

Thank you both. I'll drop a note to customer service. Hopefully I can get replacements for this and Sister Princess.

Comment

Got a response from customer service: they're going to ship out a replacement disc

Good thing I rattled their chain; otherwise I'd still be waiting!

Comment

Got a response from customer service: they're going to ship out a replacement disc

Good thing I rattled their chain; otherwise I'd still be waiting!
                            Same here! My replacements shipped today so I should have them next week. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease," I guess.

Comment

I got my replacement disc today

Comment

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...