Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199

Widgets Magazine
    It seems that funimation's release of Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 on blu-ray has a subtitle gilich on episode 12. Elisa say's "If they were alive, they'd be that age now" where it should be "If he were alive, he'd be that age now", it's the same glitch as the Japanese blu-ray.
    Last edited by Genshifox; 07-30-2018, 06:36 PM.

I wouldn't exactly call this a glitch unless we start calling out FUNi for some of their other rescue releases having bad sub translations (like the first two Tenchi OVAs) but anyway, could you check the credits at the end of the disc to see if any translator is credited? Crunchyroll's subs of the episode has the same line and IIRC, the incomplete Voyager singles used the same subs as the Japanese discs so it could be the exact same case here.
    Last edited by NJ_; 07-30-2018, 09:29 PM.
    Avatar: From Sailor Moon S Episode 118 "The Battle in a Demonic Dimension! The Sailor Soldier's Bet"

Comment

Gonna chime in on this. They can be used in the singular form, and doesn't have to refer to multiple people. It's often used when the gender of the person is unknown, but it's not exclusive to this.

I wouldn't call this a glitch or anything. Maybe more so a poor editing decision, but not an actual glitch.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post
        Gonna chime in on this. They can be used in the singular form, and doesn't have to refer to multiple people. It's often used when the gender of the person is unknown, but it's not exclusive to this.

I wouldn't call this a glitch or anything. Maybe more so a poor editing decision, but not an actual glitch.
        Domel and Elisa only had one child, a son.

http://ourstarblazers.com/vault/009a/

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiGoku View Post

https://twitter.com/JonthanFox/with_replies
          Last edited by Genshifox; 07-30-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ_ View Post
            I wouldn't exactly call this a glitch unless we start calling out FUNi for some of their other rescue releases having bad sub translations (like the first two Tenchi OVAs) but anyway, could you check the credits at the end of the disc to see if any translator is credited? Crunchyroll's subs of the episode has the same line and IIRC, the incomplete Voyager singles used the same subs as the Japanese discs so it could be the exact same case here.
            If so is there somewhere else I can post this? I emailed Funimation and contacted them though twitter.

Comment

So it sounds like Funimation is using the same subtitles as the Japanese BDs? I wonder what the dub says for this line...

Comment

Originally posted by russ869 View Post
                So it sounds like Funimation is using the same subtitles as the Japanese BDs? I wonder what the dub says for this line...
                English dub: "If he were alive, he'd be that age now"

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X