Widgets Magazine

Jungle Emperor Leo Discotek Media -- English Dub Track in Mono!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Jungle Emperor Leo Discotek Media -- English Dub Track in Mono!

Widgets Magazine
    I just recently rented Jungle Emperor Leo and I was disappointed greatly to discover that the English dub track is rendered in mono. My original Media Blasters DVD release has the dub track in stereo, and it baffles me that this newest release would reproduce the dub in mono instead of the stereo track it's meant to be. This is a serious issue that needs some tending to, as it's very disappointing to the fans who would rather watch in English.

Re: Jungle Emperor Leo Discotek Media -- English Dub Track in Mono!

^ Have you tried contacting Discotek via social media to bring this to their attention? Something obviously went wrong.

Comment

I did, I contacted their Twitter, Facebook, and personal message on their website. I'm sure Mr. Sinterniklaas would be crushed to hear this considering that he poured so much into this dub -- I should know because I met him at an AnimeNEXT back in 2004 and it meant so much to him that I fell in love with both the film and his work on it. This really is not good for new owners.

Comment

It could very well just be you, but just to be sure you should ask around and see if it is also the case, and then give Discotek a heads up. Nevertheless it's just baffling that this is happening when the re-release is inferior in a certain critical aspect.
        MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
        Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
        Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
        The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

I figured out that it was in mono because when I compared the two different tracks on ProTools, I noticed there was more stereo separation in the Media Blasters release than in the Discotek one. It's not just me.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X