Widgets Magazine

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Subtitle Irregularities in Extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [UK BD] Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Subtitle Irregularities in Extras

Widgets Magazine
    I'm not sure if anyone else's discs are affected or if it's only affected on the player I use (to be specific, my player is a Sony BDP-S1700), but for some reason, my copy of Manga UK's Blu-ray release of Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion has a subtitle issue on the special features.

The subtitles on the special features cannot be switched off, even though you can switch them off on the main feature. It seems that they're not intended to be locked as when I try to switch them off using the subtitles button, it still comes up with "On/Off", and the subtitles are still on screen, as when the subtitles are intended to be locked (from what I read, as I don't own a locked subtitle release), when you try to switch them off using the subtitles button, it comes up with "this action is prohibited on this disc". The subtitles are softsubs, because the subtitles don't appear whenever I press rewind.

I'm not sure if Madman's release, Aniplex of America's release or other copies of Manga's release of Rebellion is affected by this.

Strangely, the extras on the releases of the first 2 movies don't have this problem.

Re: Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion - Subtitle Irregularities in Extras

Sounds similar to the R1 DVDs for Blood+. The opening song lyrics were soft subs, but they didn't go away even when you turned the subtitle track entirely off.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X