Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Code Geass Collector's Edition

Widgets Magazine
    Not really a 'glitch' per say, but kind of disappointed nonetheless.

On the final disc of both Code Geass S1 and Code Geass R2 under the 'Extras' menu there is a 'Trailers' option, as per usual of home video releases. Normally this would take you to another sub-menu showing the list of shows whose trailer on the disc. In Code Geass R2's case, there is no sub-menu. Instead it just jumps straight into the trailers. All of them just strung together into a 7m47s (S1) and 9m20s (S2) trailer megacut.

I know it's a pretty minor quibble and frankly unimportant to most of the viewers, but lol c'mon. This feels like someone forgot to add the sub-menu or just lazy authoring. Neither of which should be on a 'Collector's Edition' release.

Originally posted by Schmullus View Post
    EDIT 10/7: As reported in the discussion thread, the R2 BDs, the entire season, has the dub encoded in 2 channel mono. - http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post380014
    *If I find any other glitches or problems when going through the show, I'll update the post. Feel free to add any if you find them.
    Last edited by Chisel; 10-07-2016, 03:50 PM.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Re: Code Geass Collector's Edition

I think that is just how Funimation are doing it now. It was the same for the Haruhi set.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Comment

This is just classic Pioneer/Geneon style. Pop in an old single disc from between 2000-2003 or so and you'll find the loooooong Geneon trailer reel in the extras. Meh, I almost never look at trailers anyway.
      Avatar: Hinagiku Katsura from Hayate the Combat Butler.
      Scratchy for Tama is angry.
      I'm a little tired now...I want soda.
      Casual

Comment

At least they aren't front loading and locked UOP. But yeah, I never watch trailers either.

Comment

It's not exactly a glitch with the disc either since it's an issue with the burned-in credits, and it also appeared on the streaming version, but in the first episode of Season 1, one of the blocks of credits for the JP voice cast (I think it's the 3rd one) is on screen for the proper amount of time, then fades out and instead of the next one appearing, the same one snaps back in for another cycle.

EDIT 10/7: As reported in the discussion thread, the R2 BDs, the entire season, has the dub encoded in 2 channel mono. - http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/...l=1#post380014
          Last edited by Schmullus; 10-07-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Is the audio issue exclusive to the collector's edition or does it affect the regular BD release as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Kain View Post
              Is the audio issue exclusive to the collector's edition or does it affect the regular BD release as well?
              It would be funny if it was exclusive to the collector's edition, because then it could be a feature instead of a defect! :D

But no, I can't imagine why they'd author separate versions of discs with identical content for SKUs where the packaging is the only real difference, so I would assume the corresponding discs are identical, and therefore the defective mono audio exists in both releases.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
              Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
              Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

For Funimation trailers, not Code Geass trailers? That's a strange thing to get lazy about. The audio issue really does suck, though.
                My Top Anime | Manga
                My Collection 1 | 2 | 3
                My FP Reviews | Twitter
                FPR Episodes | Apple

Comment

Got a reply from Funimation's support ticket about the Stereo audio issue on the R2 discs.

Hello Chisel,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have analyzed the English audio track and confirmed that it is indeed a stereo mix, not a mono mix. The English track for the Code Geass release uses the same mix that was previously released in our territory.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thank you!
                  Tom
                  Funimation.com Support
                  My Anime List
                  Anime DVD/BD Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine