Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Venus Wars Missing Subtitles

Widgets Magazine
    So I'm in the middle of watching the Venus Wars Blu-ray. So far there has been three instances (there could be more) of missing subtitles. Once it happened a third time I figured I should hop on here and see if anyone else posted anything, but I guess I'm the first. I'm watching it on a PS3.

I don't have the time codes for the first two, but the third instance of missing subtitles happens at 25:08.

Anyone else experience this?

EDIT: I finished the movie and didn't notice any other missing subtitles. So it's just those few moments in the first 25 minutes of the film.
    Last edited by Razzuel; 09-10-2016, 10:45 PM.

Re: Venus Wars Missing Subtitles

Hmm... I did watch my BD, but it was not too long after I had just watched the film on DVD so I was kind of skimming and not paying attention. I may remember something like that. Let me check that timestamp on my copy (always looking for excuse to put this disc in because I love this movie).

Comment

I found the spot you're talking about at 25:08. I also compared against the DVD copy (which I still have). There isn't actually any lines missing, but the timing of the subtitles is a little messed up in that scene so there is a portion where you hear Kaneto Shiozawa talking but there is no subtitle displayed on the screen. I'm no Japanese expert but it's possible this movie could do with a new translation, because some of the subtitle lines seem too short to be capturing everything that's being said during the more complicated conversations of Japanese dialogue like this one.

Comment

I noticed a missing subtitle for a line spoken by Hiro (right before Maggie says "No, that's okay..." at about 21m20s on the DVD, not sure if it was fixed for the BD or not, but I also noticed a few translation mistakes (and questionable localizations) so I just figured it was just a poor translation recycled from the old VHS release.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X