Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [DVD/BD] Sound! Euphonium volume 1 Blu-ray and DVD partial mono audio

Widgets Magazine
    Episodes 1 and 2 as well as the menu on both the Blu-ray disc and DVD of Ponycan USA's release of volume 1 of Sound! Euphonium have mono audio.

Episodes 3-5 and all the extras on both the Blu-ray disc and DVD have correct audio.

Ponycan USA has no direct customer email, and I don't believe they have anyone stealth-reading here like other studios do. I don't give a rip about Facebook or Twitter, so perhaps someone who does can give them a social media poke about this.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Re: Sound! Euphonium volume 1 Blu-ray and DVD partial mono audio

The e-mail they have listed on Facebook is [email protected]. I don't know if they read anything in English, but I did send them an e-mail about the typos in the first set's book some time ago. No response.

I'll post it on their social media.
    @Asrialys | MyAnimeList | DVD/BD Collection (aka My Backlog...)

Comment

can confirm the mono tracks. Oddly enough, I did scan the audio for vol.2 when I did the screencaps, but didn't consider analyzing the first vol. Might just end up spot checking the audio on PonyCan's future releases..

Comment

I have sent e-mails in Japanese about this matter to Pony Canyon.
        Since Pony Canyon's mail address in press release PDF files issued by Pony Canyon can be read in two ways, I have sent the message to both of them, to make sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
          I have sent e-mails in Japanese about this matter to Pony Canyon.
          Since Pony Canyon's mail address in press release PDF files issued by Pony Canyon can be read in two ways, I have sent the message to both of them, to make sure.
          thanks, kijakusai. Not sure what their response will be, but I'm hoping they'll address it with a replacement program. Hard to tell if it'll come to that, but AoA did correct the KnK box problem (which is seemingly a more costly issue), so curious if PonyCan can extend the same courtesy.

Comment

Originally posted by Asrialys View Post
            The e-mail they have listed on Facebook is [email protected]. I don't know if they read anything in English, but I did send them an e-mail about the typos in the first set's book some time ago. No response.

I'll post it on their social media.
            This is their customer service email, and they should be responding to emails in English as well.
            If you have any questions about Right Stuf products, please feel free to message me! If you have questions about your orders, including when we might receive in an item, please message Customer Care: [email protected]. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Sensuifu View Post
              thanks, kijakusai.
              It's a pleasure.

I have received an e-mail from Pony Canyon USA. It says that they will ask the authoring studio about the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kijakusai View Post
                It's a pleasure.

I have received an e-mail from Pony Canyon USA. It says that they will ask the authoring studio about the problem.
                Yeah, thanks for emailing them. I have to say a part of me is surprised they even responded. I feel like it's always a roll of the dice with these things. Well, hopefully they actually do something about this. I guess I'll be waiting on watching Sound Euphonium until we have some sort of definitive answer.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/PonycanUSA/...56120701217908
                  "Sound! Euphonium" Box 1. disc replacement.

First we would like to thank fans for their support of Sound! Euphonium. After the release of Sound! Euphonium Collector’s Edition 01, due to a problem in the authoring process, an audio error affecting episodes 01 and 02 was discovered where the audio was mono, rather than stereo. We offer our sincerest apologies for this error. We are sending replacement discs to fans who purchased via RightStuf automatically. If you purchased it directly at a convention or other, we are offering a disc replacement program through RightStuf to ensure everyone can receive the corrected disc. Please follow the instructions on RightStuf to get your replacement disc.
                  RightSturf contact information:[email protected]
                  Thank you for your patience and support in resolving this issue.
                  PONY CANYON USA

Comment

That's very good news. We knew it was coming, of course, but actual details, a fairly straightforward process, and the quick response are all positives. Better internal QA/QC going forward too, hopefully.

There's still the matter of the menus for volumes 2 and 3, but I think it's safe to say even the pickiest of us (myself included) are willing to let that go. Though hopefully that's something they'll also be checking for with future releases.
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
                    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
                    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                      That's very good news. We knew it was coming, of course, but actual details, a fairly straightforward process, and the quick response are all positives. Better internal QA/QC going forward too, hopefully.
                      Definitely. 'Automatic' replacements for those who purchased via RS? I'm sure there'll be a few customers who'll end up surprised finding unexpected replacements for what was probably thought of as a perfectly okay release. :D btw, assuming you're the first one to have picked up on this, cheers! And much appreciation to everyone else that went out of their way tracking and informing the best places to communicate this.

There's still the matter of the menus for volumes 2 and 3, but I think it's safe to say even the pickiest of us (myself included) are willing to let that go. Though hopefully that's something they'll also be checking for with future releases.
                      I'm letting it go since it's really unsubstantial compared to Vol.1's problem. At least hopefully PonyCan can be reminded of this error and double their QC efforts from now on.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X