Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Samurai Girls Complete Collection - extras with mistimed audio

Widgets Magazine
    The Samurai Girls Complete Collection DVD set released by Sentai Filmworks includes some mistimed audio for a few of the extra features.

The audio for the second bonus short OVA, as well as the audio for the clean OP and ED sequences, is mistimed so as to be a fraction of a second ahead of the corresponding video.

I do not know if the same issue is present on the Blu-ray version.
    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
    Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
    Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Re: Samurai Girls Complete Collection - extras with mistimed audio

Huh, I never noticed that when I watched the OVAs, but I'm usually not terribly observant when it comes to things like that. Was it a really significant mistiming that I somehow managed to miss, or was it more subtle?

Comment

Originally posted by Glorian View Post
      Huh, I never noticed that when I watched the OVAs, but I'm usually not terribly observant when it comes to things like that. Was it a really significant mistiming that I somehow managed to miss, or was it more subtle?
      Given the sorts of things I notice and that I know most folks don't... I'd call it very subtle. Again, it only affects the second of the six OVAs (as well as the creditless sequences), and most folks are likely focused on...other things...when going through them anyway. But the end result is that you end up hearing things a split-second before you see them happen onscreen.
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

I ran through the extras on my BD set late last night, so it wasn't the most thorough examination.

I noticed what appeared to be the off-timing on the second OVA short (the one featuring Sen-hime), but I'm wondering if this wasn't a production issue. The overall sound (music & SFX) seemed to fit, however Sen's dialogue was definitely a few seconds faster then her animated mouth flaps (although, at times, it looked like there was just less dialogue than was needed for the actual animation).

I'd really need to check the clean opening & closing against one of the episodes. Although there is silence at the beginning and end of both clean sequences, I'm not sure if this isn't just dead time intentionally built into the animation, since the music appeared to match what was happening onscreen. I'll probably give the OP/ED another once-over, sometime tonight.
        Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

Just to give a certain answer for this regarding the Blu-ray version. The audio for the 2nd OVA short is definitely mistimed, though the subtitles are timed perfectly to the audio. Comparing it to the other shorts shows that the slight blank audio at the beginning of the others doesn't occur in the 2nd one. So I'm guessing the audio and subtitle timing was inadvertently pushed forward in this case.

As for the Op/Ed sequences, the audio is slightly off for the both of them on Blu-ray, but the more interesting thing about them is that they are exactly as advertised: "Clean Opening/Ending". As in they are the censored TV Broadcast versions cleaned up instead of the uncut DVD/Blu-ray sequences in textless form. Probably would have been better to have uncensored clean Op/Eds for this kind of show, but eh... it's not that big of a deal. Also, I'm ashamed of you Hayate if you bought the DVD version! (I had to take the jab.)
          Last edited by Mc-Taz; 01-23-2012, 01:36 AM.
          Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
          Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
            Also, I'm ashamed of you Hayate if you bought the DVD version! (I had to take the jab.)
            Ha! I've out-fan-ed you by buying both versions!
            asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

I guess I've been defeated. Bows head and backs away.
              Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
              Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X