Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] A Certain Scientific Railgun Disc 1

Widgets Magazine
    I just started watching Railgun on BD, and during episode 2 at the 36:02 mark there appears a green rectangular glitch on the screen on the left side of Kuroko's hair. The screen freezes at that point and stays like that until 36:09. Is this just a problem with my disc, or is it present on other people's copies as well? I popped in the DVD version and it plays fine. The BD is pretty much in flawless condition physically.
    Avatar: Chihaya Ayase from Chihayafuru
    Maintainer of the Locked Subtitle Tracking Thread

Re: A Certain Scientific Railgun Disc 1

Originally posted by Mc-Taz View Post
    I just started watching Railgun on BD, and during episode 2 at the 36:02 mark there appears a green rectangular glitch on the screen on the left side of Kuroko's hair. The screen freezes at that point and stays like that until 36:09. Is this just a problem with my disc, or is it present on other people's copies as well? I popped in the DVD version and it plays fine. The BD is pretty much in flawless condition physically.
    Confirmed. The green rectangle appears just after the scene shifts to Kuroko (like, a half-second after or maybe less, but not immediately), and there appears to be some brown lines to the left that match her hair color (but could be part of the wallpaper?), lasting about 7 seconds. The scene is perfectly frozen though I imagine there should be some movement due to dialog and reactions (I haven’t watched the DVD).
    I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
    Stephen King

Comment

All right, thanks for the confirmation. There was a change in Kuroko's expression during the scene. I won't hold my breath for a fix, but hopefully it will be the only issue with the set. I'll keep my eyes out while I watch the rest of it.

Comment

Confirmed here too. Though I'm not seeing any glitches, it just freezes (using PowerDVD).

Comment

Aw man. I just bought this, and my copy has it, too. This came out around the start of the year didn't it? How come this is only being reported about now? Are all copies that are out there like this, or is it just a recent batch that has this?

Comment

Originally posted by Sekiraku Bunchou View Post
            Aw man. I just bought this, and my copy has it, too. This came out around the start of the year didn't it? How come this is only being reported about now? Are all copies that are out there like this, or is it just a recent batch that has this?
            I bought mine about three months ago, but I’d seen copies at Fry’s for months before that and it seemed like they were just sitting there. It’s certainly possible that it’s a bad batch, but I would not be surprised if the whole run had this glitch.

One presumes that, as it’s one thing on one disc, Funimation will not be fixing it or setting up a replacement program.
            I recognize terror as the finest emotion and so I will try to terrorize the reader. But if I find that I cannot terrify, I will try to horrify, and if I find that I cannot horrify, I’ll go for the gross-out. I’m not proud.
            Stephen King

Comment

And I ordered mine back in February, or roughly a month after release. It's probably safe to say that it affects the entire run, and it is probably an encoding error introduced in the process before the master disc was created.

As for why it's taken so long to report, I hadn't watched all of Index yet, and so I went through that before starting with Railgun. Then I'll move onto Index II and the movie once I'm finished. I'm hoping by then Funimation will get around to putting out Railgun S on Blu-ray. (Hopefully glitch free!)

Comment

Well that's a bummer. I sent Funi a message about it anyway, and they sent me back a canned response about returning it to where I bought it from. I then sent them another message explaining that since this is a manufacturing issue that could be present on all copies of it that doing so wouldn't help. I requested they look into where the error occurred, but have yet to receive another response. Hopefully they'll do something about it and get it fixed for any future print runs, or at least for when they put out an anime classics release of it.

Comment

Ran into same issue (the video just stops but audio and subs still played), and compared with JP version. Looks like it only misses a reaction shot.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                  Widgets Magazine
                  Working...
                  X