Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Vampire Princess Miyu TV ~ Maiden Japan Release

Widgets Magazine
    Been watching this series and noticed on episode 8 on Disc 2 a strange stuttering whenever a character is in any motion. The problem doesn't happen in any of the other episodes on the disc (6,7,9,10) and the disc itself has no damage. The issue isn't interlacing but more as if full frames are missing, the sound remains normal.
    Anime MAL/AP -- Collection AnimeDVD/AnimeBluRay

Re: Vampire Princess Miyu TV ~ Maiden Japan Release

Yeah I just checked my copy. It's there too, though not in other episodes I checked (9 and 10). It's not distracting or anything though, and I don't think I would've noticed it had you not mentioned it.

However, the back of the box does advertise textless openings/endings that aren't actually present on any of the discs. The release is overall really nice though, and the picture quality looks great. It's a gigantic upgrade from Tokyopop's old release. My only real gripe is the stacked packaging.
    Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Sounds like the same weird bug they had with ADV's Southern Cross release.
      -Keith

Comment

I'm watching through this and episode 12 on disc 3 is screwed up in the same way. I'm surprised there hasn't been more complaints as the stuttering is very distracting IMO.

Do the Tokyopop discs not have this problem?
        Last edited by chronoclast; 05-31-2015, 08:04 PM.
        Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

^ I don't think so. I'm watching the YouTube upload for the episode (sourced from the Tokyopop DVDs) and don't notice that issue. Those DVDs had tons of other problems though, especially regarding the openings and endings.
          Avatar: Ryoga Hibiki from Ranma 1/2

Comment

Episode 15 has the same problem. The rest of the episodes are fine.

The Hulu streams for these episodes are fine too so something went wrong during the DVD production. This set came out in early 2013 when a lot of Sentai and Maiden Japan releases had something wrong with them.
            Avatar: Yajiro from The Eccentric Family

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X