Widgets Magazine

Anime Classics:Serial Experiments Lain- glowing & shaking pause screens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Anime Classics:Serial Experiments Lain- glowing & shaking pause screens?

Widgets Magazine
    So far I've seen the first episode about 3 times in a row in BD, but now that I've paused it midway this time I've noticed that the shades of brightness change a bit, going slightly brighter then a bit darker while the screen seems to have this little... 'shaky' kind of motion. I'm not sure if this has to do with my bad, worn out copper cable connecting my TV or if this was a glitch on the BD disc (the DVD's fine). I do not properly recall this happening before, so I'm kind of at loss. Has anyone else experienced this?

Re: Anime Classics:Serial Experiments Lain- glowing & shaking pause screens?

Unlike with VHS(*), DVD and BD players simply stop reading the disc when paused. There's no sort of glitch that could do what you're describing, because the player is just outputting the same image continuously. If you have a plasma TV it might be some sort of burn-in protection I guess. Otherwise it's a problem with your equipment or cables (or possibly some image/contrast enhancement setting on your TV that's a bit to aggressive).

* with VHS, the tape stops advancing but the heads are still spinning, reading the same frame over and over again, leading to some instability.

Comment

Re: Anime Classics:Serial Experiments Lain- glowing & shaking pause screens?

Originally posted by progress View Post
      Unlike with VHS(*), DVD and BD players simply stop reading the disc when paused. There's no sort of glitch that could do what you're describing, because the player is just outputting the same image continuously. If you have a plasma TV it might be some sort of burn-in protection I guess. Otherwise it's a problem with your equipment or cables (or possibly some image/contrast enhancement setting on your TV that's a bit to aggressive).

* with VHS, the tape stops advancing but the heads are still spinning, reading the same frame over and over again, leading to some instability.
      Thanks for answering, really appreciate it

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X