Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Sora no Woto Dvd set

Widgets Magazine
    So I've had my Sora no Woto boxset for about two weeks now and I finished rewatching the whole series half an hour ago. Everything worked fine except for when I fast-forwarded or reversed the episodes. The dvd player's screen would either become white or purple while the video would still play and then it would go back to normal in about a minute. This is the first time my dvd player has done this so I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Oh and did anyone else's artbook have bluish stains on it? I don't really mind and I'm not going to return the boxset since its pricey to ship it back, but I was just wondering.

Re: Sora no Woto Dvd set

No such problems here, although I did watch it on a Panasonic Blu-ray player.

One thing I noticed, the episodes are encoded progressively, but the 90 second translated English credits reel at the end of each disc is interlaced. Weird!

EDIT: Artbook, Blue bloom at front cover, bottom right, rear cover middle left. That's the whole 'sky thing, it's part of the design. You can see the same blue blooms on the artbox aswell, middle left of rear, bottom right of front, behind the artwork
    Last edited by Just Passing Through; 07-29-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

No issues with my copy. EDIT: PS3 (non-slim model)
      Last edited by WTK; 07-29-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

An odd little glitch on my discs: When running on my PS3 (new, slim model), accessing the languages option from the main menu stops playback and exits out to the XMB. Oddly, if I first open the trailers menu and start playback on one of the trailers included on the disc, the exit back to the main menu, the language menu works just fine. I never bothered to check if this was an issue on my other DVD players.

Comment

Originally posted by Takeyo View Post
          An odd little glitch on my discs: When running on my PS3 (new, slim model), accessing the languages option from the main menu stops playback and exits out to the XMB. Oddly, if I first open the trailers menu and start playback on one of the trailers included on the disc, the exit back to the main menu, the language menu works just fine. I never bothered to check if this was an issue on my other DVD players.
          I just now noticed this issue on my PS3 but it's not a big deal for me. Thankfully you switch the subs on the fly.
          Last edited by Orihimes_Boyfriend; 07-29-2011, 11:09 AM.
          My gaming names/friend number. Please fell free to add me to yours or send me a request. I will add anyone from this site who wishes to give me theirs.

Nintendo Network ID: RMP123
          PSN: RYPLYLER
          3DS: 5327-0918-4237

Comment

Originally posted by Just Passing Through View Post
            EDIT: Artbook, Blue bloom at front cover, bottom right, rear cover middle left. That's the whole 'sky thing, it's part of the design. You can see the same blue blooms on the artbox aswell, middle left of rear, bottom right of front, behind the artwork
            Oh I see. Thank you for telling me that.

As to the dvds I'm going to try a few other dvds and if they have the same problem I'll just take my computer to the Apple store. Thank you very much everyone.

Comment

I haven't had anything like what OP describes. I've noticed one tiny glitch on my disk, though. There's a part where the video sputters/slows down for around 1 second of the OP for the bonus epilogue episode. It does that every time I play through it (although I usually just skip the OP).

Originally posted by Takeyo View Post
              I think this happened on one of my Maria Watches Over Us discs, too. I usually just use the Audio/Subtitle buttons while playing episodes too, though, so it doesn't affect me.
              The Post's Most Wanted Manga | Fandom Post -Female Anime Character Ranking-

Avatar: Ange Ushiromiya of Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry).

Comment

Everything is fine with my copy, using the Oppo Blu-ray player.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                Widgets Magazine
                Working...
                X