Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Log Horizon Collection 1

Widgets Magazine
    Just opened my copy today and popped in the discs to make sure they play fine when I found two issues:
    • The discs themselves don't have the proper title show up in the computer optical drive [i.e. LOGHORIZON DISC1] and instead read "DISCTITLE BD1" and "DISCTITLE BD2."
    • Once I played the disc I noticed that at the main episode selection menu, there is no bgm whatsoever, just dead silence. I know that Sentai doesn't do sound effects for moving between selections on the main menu, but they usually at least have bgm playing while going through it.

Dunno if both of these issues were a conscious decision on Sentai's part (2nd maybe?) or just someone forgetting to provide/author the appropriate disc titles and menu music. Even if these are minor quibbles that don't really affect the viewing experience, it's still pretty annoying. Even moreso cause I doubt Sentai will fix it, let alone acknowledge it.

PS: Like I previously mentioned, I just spot checked the discs to make sure they played fine and haven't gone through them thoroughly so there may be other glitches that I may not know about.
    My Anime List
    Anime DVD/BD Collection

Re: Log Horizon Collection 1

Volume titles depend on who's doing the disc authoring and possibly which authoring software was used. There is the occasional mishap such as different formatting/spelling between discs in a release, or both discs being labeled '... DISC1' etc. Titles are not really needed anyway; most US releases have meaningful titles, but 90% of Japanese blurays just have the default BDROM as volume title.

As for the silent episode selection menu, I saw this on another Sentai release some time ago (can't remember which). It's not the norm for them though.

Comment

I'm sorry, but how are two things that don't in any way negatively impact the viewing of the material, or the functioning of the disc...glitches? Since when is BGM on menus a requirement for proper functionality? The non-specific-enough labeling of the discs is at best a minor oversight--that once again has no bearing on the functionality of the disc.

Of course Sentai wouldn't "fix" any of this. That hardly needs to be said.

EDIT: To the point that maybe there is supposed to be BGM on the menu and for some reason isn't...I'll argue (snarkily, I admit) that there really isn't any good BGM in Log Horizon to use. If "Databse" was supposed to be there and it's broken...then I'm thrilled.
      Last edited by bctaris; 11-06-2014, 10:23 PM.
      Avatar: Tsumugi, Sweetness & Lightning
      Moderation: General Anime; English Track; Movie; TV | TFP Forum Rules
      Please Support The Fandom Post

Comment

Actually, the silent menus are fairly common on Sentai menus. I've noticed a few with them, both old and new.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonrider_cody View Post
          Actually, the silent menus are fairly common on Sentai menus. I've noticed a few with them, both old and new.
          same here, I'm actually more surprised when there is a BGM on the menu than when there isn't
          Anime MAL/AP -- Collection Anime/Manga/Figures & General Merch -- YouTube Channel - Anime Pickups, Unboxings etc

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X