X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Wagnaria!!: Complete Series Premium Edition

Widgets Magazine
    Original topic from the old forum

Glitches - Playback issues found (seemingly in PS3) particularly in Disc 1. The episode(s) would freeze and skip.

I had contacted NISA twice using their support e-mail address with no reply within the last 2+ months. Earlier this week, I decided to contact NISA for the 3rd time, using this link instead of [email protected]. I was actually contacted within hours. The CS rep remembered seeing my info, but don't why it was never taken care of. And I got the replacement discs today. I have previewed the first few episodes and so far there are no freezing/skipping issues.

Below is the note that I got with the replacement discs (packaged inside paper CD envelopes / shipped inside a 6x9 envelope).
    Dear valued customer,

As promised, we have re-mastered the Anime DVD's for our title "WAGNARIA!!" Enclosed are the discs you requested. We sincerely hope you enjoy this improved version...

Re: Wagnaria!!: Complete Series Premium Edition

Good to know. At least I'll feel better about this set, should I ever decide to grab the regular edition release. Although for now, I think I'm going to continue holding-off in hopes of an eventual BD, especially since a second season is on the way.
    Junker Woland, a horribly delightful blog.

Comment

lol, I'm still getting used to this site split. Do I repeat my response here or just go with one or the other, I'm so confused. ;_;

You encountered no skipping problems on a PS3?

What about the brightness issues in episode 3?

I received the latest/last printing of the premium set from Right Stuf in June, but I haven't opened it yet and don't plan on watching / opening it for quite a while. I'd rather keep it sealed in case I wish to sell it for any reason in the meantime. I'm wondering if I can expect these final premium printings to contain the fixed versions or not, or if I'd have to specifically email NISA for the fixed discs (if they are in fact legitimately fixed).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoofer View Post
        You encountered no skipping problems on a PS3?
        No skipping through disc 1.
        Relacement Disc (using the parameters below). It looks to be different than initial R1 shot and also R2.
        Originally posted by cress2000
        Episode 3 around 20 minutes in: R1 R2

Comment

Originally posted by WTK View Post
          Relacement Disc (using the parameters below). It looks to be different than initial R1 shot and also R2.
          Uh, okay. Your screencap seems to indicate that the video has now been made even darker than before. That's... upsetting.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
          Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Below is the note that I got with the replacement discs (packaged inside paper CD envelopes / shipped inside a 6x9 envelope).
            Could you please post some of the #s on the discs to try to find out if the last shipment of the set contained the remastered discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Uzi View Post
              Could you please post some of the #s on the discs to try to find out if the last shipment of the set contained the remastered discs?
              The #'s on the rings right?

Disc #1 - WNA1DVDUSD1L0 WNA1DVDUSD1L1 72706922-L0 72706822-L1
              Disc #2 - WNA1DVDUSD2L0 WNA1DVDUSD2L1 72706222-L0 72706122-L1

Comment

Matching exactly the #s on my discs which were shipped from the last batch that arrived at TRSI. If someone has the old discs (WTK? ), are the #s different?

Comment

Originally posted by Uzi View Post

Matching exactly the #s on my discs which were shipped from the last batch that arrived at TRSI. If someone has the old discs (WTK? ), are the #s different?
                  Mine was one of the first press releases (NISA exclusive with the buttons).

Disc #1 - WNA1DVDUSD1L0 WNA1DVDUSD1L1 K433401-L0 K433501-L1
                  Disc #2 - WNA1DVDUSD2L0 WNA1DVDUSD2L1 K433101-L0 K433001-L1

Comment

Originally posted by Hayate Kurogane View Post
                    Uh, okay. Your screencap seems to indicate that the video has now been made even darker than before. That's... upsetting.
                    My original screencaps were taken from VirtualDub via Avisynth using the vobs. If the cap from the new disc was taken by some other method, I don't know how it may affect things, if at all.
                    Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Originally posted by cress2000 View Post
                      My original screencaps were taken from VirtualDub via Avisynth using the vobs. If the cap from the new disc was taken by some other method, I don't know how it may affect things, if at all.
                      I took my screencap from VLC.

Comment

Kind of late responding to this issue, but I just got around to watching disc 1 on my PS3 and had no playback issues whatsoever and even went back to double check around the 40-50 second mark. Watched it using a PS3 slim and the DVD's number is WNA1DVDUSD1L0 WNA1DVDUSD1L1 K433401-L0 K433501-L1.

Comment

^ Those seem to be the same first pressing disc numbers that gave WTK problems.

When and where did you buy your DVDs? =x

Comment

^ Those seem to be the same first pressing disc numbers that gave WTK problems.

When and where did you buy your DVDs? =x
                            Yeah, that's why I was surprised I had no playback issues. The DVD did have the reported change it brightness, though.

Placed my order for the set in November 2010 and received it in mid March.

Comment

As I recall, the only PS3 models people had playback issues with the first pressing were original, non-slim units.
                              Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X