Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Heroic Age, Collection 1 Disc 2

Widgets Magazine
    I'm really into this show and popped Heroic Age, Disc 2 [From Heroic Age Collection 1] containing episodes 8-13 into my DVD player [A Samsung, I'm not entirely sure what model] and it doesnt play. It will go through the FBI Warning, the usual Funimation Logo screen and then play a trailer. The disc then reverts back to the FBI Warning and goes through the same process. Hitting the DVD Menu button or the Title Menu only repeats the process over again. I then tested the disc on our main living room DVD player and it worked fine. I've never had a problem with my Samsung DVD player before.
    Anime Stats
    DVD Collection
    Anime Blog

Re: Heroic Age, Collection 1 Disc 2

It sounds like an incompatibility issue, but it also could be just a dirty lens in your DVD player.

I had a similar problem with my old Sony player and Giant Robo disc 2. There was this one part where the player did an infinite loop on this one scene. I took the disc out and used a bit of compressed air, popped the disc back in and it worked fine after that.
    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Re: Heroic Age, Collection 1 Disc 2

While I've never had this problem with a Funimation release, I did have a similar problem some years back with a Disney one and it turned out to be part of Disney's copy protect system. The problem in that situation was if you had you're player set to anything other than R1/English for default region/language it wouldn't let you watch the disk. Do you have you're settings customized by any chance? In my case the player defaulted to "all languages," and I'm not even sure they make that setting these days and/or use it for a DVD default, but you might want to check your settings.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X