Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Mayo Chiki Disc 3

Widgets Magazine
    I own a Sony BDP-S570 Blu-ray player and as I was watching episode 11 at the half way mark it stopped dead in it's tracks. You can hear the player trying to go forward, but it wouldn't. I stopped then re-played to no avail. I rejected the disc then re-played to no avail. I tried fast forwarding past the halfway mark, but it wouldn't. I started the disc over again and decided to try episode 12, it would shoot right to the half way mark then stop and go and stop and go then it would go to episode 13. I've never seen a disc screw up like this before. I e-mailed Sentai last night and asked if they can send me a replacement. I'm waiting for a reply today.
    Currently watching - A Certain Magical Index II
    Finished watching - High School DXD New
    Currently reading - Dragonar Academy, Haganai, Maria the Virgin Witch

Re: Mayo Chiki Disc 3

Sounds like a defective second layer to me. I've experience that a few times in the past.
    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

I haven't done any further investigation, so I can't if it is a glitch or my set up being iffy, but I found that discs 2 and 3 pf Mayo Chiki had drowned audio. Anyone else have this occur?

Comment

Originally posted by joelgundam01 View Post
        Sounds like a defective second layer to me. I've experience that a few times in the past.
        What's funny is I brought it to work and played it on an el cheapo Phillip's DVD player and after wiping the disc with a damp clothe it played. Brought it home, popped it into the Sony, still won't play that damn episode. Still no word from Sentai.

Comment

Watched my copy last week. No problem like this at any point on disc 3 or the rest of the set.

Comment

Originally posted by consignia View Post
            I haven't done any further investigation, so I can't if it is a glitch or my set up being iffy, but I found that discs 2 and 3 of Mayo Chiki had drowned audio. Anyone else have this occur?
            OK, have done some investigatation. The first disc is fine, but the others definitly sound off. I'm not sure how to quantify this, but there is something up.

Comment

Got an e-mail from Sentai and they'll exchange the disc. Sucks I have to pay for shipping, but I really enjoyed this series and will watch it again at some point.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
              Widgets Magazine
              Working...
              X