Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Ga-Rei-Zero

Widgets Magazine
    The second dvd is completely blank (Toshiba 5-disc carousel changer) (and Dell Inspiron 560 pc).
    Hopefully it is just one that got skipped over and not a wide-spread problem (I know/hope RightStuf will replace it painlessly for me), but quite a surprise when we went to finish the series and kept getting 'disc error' message in the dvd player.

Re: Ga-Rei-Zero

My copy of disc 2 works just fine, so it's not that wide spread at the very least.
    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

My DVD 2 has playable content as well. Hopefully you just got unlucky, and an exchange solves the problem.
      asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
      Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"
      Moderator: US, JP, GA, RC, GD, CA, S/T, OT, MB

Comment

Thanks, it's good to think that it's just an isolated incident and a replacement will solve my problem ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Elfen Noir View Post
          Thanks, it's good to think that it's just an isolated incident and a replacement will solve my problem ^^
          Hey, someone has to be the victim of statistically-inevitable mass-production fallout. You were just one of the "lucky" ones this time.
          asa --> S^2 --> Hayate
          Avatar: Lind, Valkyrie, Goddess First-Class Special Duty Unlimited, from "Aa, Megami-sama: Hunters & Hunters"

Comment

The people at RightStuf! are so nice and after we all figured out that I am mentally deficient at deciphering dvd discs from Blu-ray discs when they are both packaged in the same anime, they didn't even try to make me feel stupid! (Probably one of the reasons why I love them and I buy 99.9% of all my anime from them.)

Comment

Originally posted by Elfen Noir View Post
              The people at RightStuf! are so nice and after we all figured out that I am mentally deficient at deciphering dvd discs from Blu-ray discs when they are both packaged in the same anime, they didn't even try to make me feel stupid! (Probably one of the reasons why I love them and I buy 99.9% of all my anime from them.)
              You know... the idea that you might have accidentally been trying to play one of the Blu-ray discs in your DVD player never even occurred to me. I assume what you did is that you instinctively grabbed the second disc in the first keepcase and tried to play it, rather than going to the other keepcase which you assumed housed only Blu-ray discs that, for you, are unplayable because you don't own a Blu-ray player. Yes, yes, the discs are labeled with little Blu-ray and DVD logos, and both the discs in the first keepcase would say "Part One" on them, but we all know that once we get an idea into our heads, the details start getting missed right away.

What you should also do, actually, is type up a brief summary of what happened and e-mail it to FUNimation. They seem to love feedback and take it very seriously, and while a lot of us are pushing for DVDs and Blu-rays to be segregated in their own keepcases in these combo packs for a multitude of reasons, yours is yet another reason based on a simple mistake that folks can make that can unintentionally reflect badly upon FUNimation's products, so one would expect that they would pay equal attention to feedback like this.
              asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

Yes, that is exactly what happened! The first Blu-ray disc was packaged in a 'blue' package and while we thought the numbering of the discs was odd (we, I say, because my husband was also a dunce about it!) we kept looking and decided that the second disc was a dvd. RightStuf sent me a replacement disc when I told them the problem and and lo and behold the replacement was blank! When I called back they said they'd pull and test another replacement. They called me back and said they all finally figured out the problem and alerted me to the very tiny dvd/Blu-ray markings on the discs. Very poor placement packaging for people not familiar with Blu-ray in my opinion but your idea is a good one to let Funimation know, too.

But, I repeat that I love RightStuf, this whole process was painless for me and they were so helpful and friendly throughout, never making me feel stupid ... but I did apologize profusely because I hate being stupid! ^^
                Last edited by Elfen Noir; 06-10-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

But still... My second dvd disc (and yes it is the dvd) skips around and stops early in the 1st episode on the disc. In every dvd player in the house (4) AND the PS3. Fortunately the Blu-Ray was fine, but offering combo packs surely hasn't devolved to the point where, if you're lucky, one of the versions will be defect free? That surely can't be a selling point. Or, buy Blu-Ray! They're less glitchy than dvd!

Comment

Originally posted by mike.motaku View Post
                    But still... My second dvd disc (and yes it is the dvd) skips around and stops early in the 1st episode on the disc. In every dvd player in the house (4) AND the PS3. Fortunately the Blu-Ray was fine, but offering combo packs surely hasn't devolved to the point where, if you're lucky, one of the versions will be defect free? That surely can't be a selling point. Or, buy Blu-Ray! They're less glitchy than dvd!
                    The combo pack format does seem to increase the odds that you'll end up with a bad disc, be it one format or the other. At least some of FUNimation's discs are apparently outsourced to Mexico for replication; I've never gotten a bad TRSI disc, so maybe FUNi should start outsourcing to Taiwan instead?
                    asa --> S^2 --> Hayate

Comment

I've got a bad first DVD. Around the outside of the disc there's an inconsistent "cloudy" appearance, almost like greasy fingerprints only it doesn't wash off, and I'm guessing that's what's causing it to skip like crazy on my DVD player and generally not work properly on my PC.

Not that I care too much since I have a BD player. I only noticed the DVD problem as I wanted to take screenshots.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                      Widgets Magazine
                      Working...
                      X