Widgets Magazine

Vampire Princess Miyu OAV (both discs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [R1 DVD] Vampire Princess Miyu OAV (both discs)

Widgets Magazine
    I've been celebrating Halloween by re-watching the Vampire Princess Miyu for the first time in a few years. During those years, however, something seems to have happened to not one but BOTH DVDs in the series --they exhibit a weird, rhythmic pixelation that affects only the video content, not the menu displays. They were fine when I first bought and played them. Is it possible that this title is subject to "bronzing" or other age-related deterioration? The discs themselves show no signs of cloudiness, pitting or scratches....

Anybody else have trouble with this DVD release after a few years?

Re: Vampire Princess Miyu OAV (both discs)

Did you watched the DVDs previously on a CRT TV and now on an HD TV?
    Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
    Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Originally posted by joelgundam01 View Post
      Did you watched the DVDs previously on a CRT TV and now on an HD TV?
      No. I'm still watching it on the same TV that I watched it on when I first bought it. And other DVDs are playing normally.

Comment

It might not be visible, but it could be that the layers are starting to separate. There's a chance that the OPU isn't properly reading the data layer if they aren't adhered to each other as they originally were. Try them on a PC and see if the problems persist. If they don't, it could be your player is worn down enough where particular discs might have problems being read.

Comment

It's reason's like this that I fear popping in my older AnimEigo disc's.
          -Keith

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X