Widgets Magazine

Wolverine and the X-Men BD (I know, it's not anime) disc load issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [US BD] Wolverine and the X-Men BD (I know, it's not anime) disc load issue.

Widgets Magazine
    And yeah, I know it's not anime, but hell, I've got nowhere else to reliably ask, and figured the probability was decent someone here would also have the bluray set.

But anyway, I've been having some disc load issues, specifically my PS3 won't recognize disc 3, which is odd since it plays just about everything. I've tested other disc's and everything else seems fine, so I don't think it's my drive or the lense going out. Unfortunately I don't have another player to test in right now either. I can hear the drive wanting to try and read it, but no luck on this specific disc any out of 2 dozen tries. My firmware is up to date, and I've tried dumping out hte PS3's BD folder too.
    -Keith

Re: Wolverine and the X-Men BD (I know, it's not anime) disc load issue.

I don't have the set but my recommendation is try the disc on another player or your computer if you have a BD drive, it sounds like a bad replication.

Comment

Got a chance to go and test it in a friend's PS3 (he's got a newer slim model) and it loaded, so I'm thinking it's maybe a combination of bad authoring/older PS3 with an older drive. Disappointing, but I'm trying an exchange just in case.
      -Keith

Comment

Try disconnecting your internet connection from your PS3. Some of these Blu-ray discs check a specific website (for extras and/or firmware data), if it sees an internet connection. If the movie doesn't detect an internet connect, then it just bypasses this step.
        Last edited by joelgundam01; 05-17-2012, 12:14 PM.
        Avatar: Satellizer el Bridget from Freezing
        Profile Picture: Yaya from Kikou Shoujo wa Kizutsukanai (Unbreakable Machine Doll)

Comment

Tried it without an internet connection, also tried disabling BDLive entirely. The problem is that it doesn't want to recognize/read that particular disc at all. I got a chance to echange it, and it definately seems to be something up with how that particular disc is authored since the replacement set had the exact same issue. For now I'm gonna fold on this since I was able to get it to load in a friend's player I'll just chalk it up to a strange incompatability with the older 60 gig PS3.

So far I haven't had any load issues with games on bluray or DVD, nor any other movie bluray or DVD, so I don't think it's the drive going bad. The upside? The last 8 episodes are easily viewable on netflix.
          -Keith

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X