[Streaming] Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (We, Without Wings) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 11

Oh god the Imouto-moe discussion. This is such a high powerlevel show. I'm so glad it got the good CR translation. I can totally get why a lot of people just don't get this show. If you don't find that entire sequence to be drop dead hilarious, the show is sooooo not for you.

Anyway, really great episode, the battle sequence in Gretagard was awesome and hilarious, and Asuka going nuts and beating the shit out of Shuusuke and Takashi was the most awesome thing yet.

I still have no idea whats actually going on...but so what?!
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 12

Huh, I would have called an Asuka ending.

And lol at introducing two new girls in the final episode.

But still, generally satisfying ending, though I really wanted to see him explain this to Naru and Hiyoko. Especially Hiyoko.

Oh well, it was still roundly entertaining.
      VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
      Vivid Impact!
      Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 11

Bwahaha, Asuka beating the snot out of Hayato and Chitose was hilariously awesome. Beat up your boyfriend to save him!

And the discussion of "Imouto-moe" was utterly bizarre, but hilarious precisely because its one of those scenes in which the show was completely off its rocker.
        So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Re: Episode 12

So lets see if I have this straight: Yoji and Kobato's mother was emotionally unstable because after leaving her husband because he cheated on her, and took it out on Yoji and Kobato because she somehow saw a comparison in the relationship. So she was emotionally and physically abusive, particularly to Kobato. It sounds like at some point she did something particularly severe that was life threatening to Kobato (or maybe it was the usual and it just pushed Yoji to his limit) and then Yoji attacked her to protect Kobato. The trauma of thinking he killed her caused him to retreat inside himself and create the alternate personalities.

After a bit of a rough start and and a lot of silliness, the show did a great job of revealing and resolving the serious emotional issues underpinning the whole thing. I also really, really liked Yoji's personality after they all merged. You can really see how he's a combination of Takashi, Chitose and Hayato. I'd like to see a lead character for a show with a personality like that.

The only downside to the episode is that we didn't get to see what he said to Naru and Hiyoko. Or Asuka either, but she already knew about the situation, so there was a lot less to explain. I don't really mind that the ending didn't have him end up with one of them. He is not Takashi, Chitose, or Hayato. He is all of them and none of them, he is Yoji. I wouldn't *want* him to have to resolve the relationship issues in half an episode. Since we aren't going to get more to be able to see him deal with it, I prefer this ending, in which he doesn't pick one at all. Normally a Tenchi-style "pick no one" ending would be annoying, but I'm perfectly happy with it due to the unusual situation in this show.

And we get new characters! Misaki is really cute. So is Kobato's little friend.

Oh, and apparently Hiyoko goes to Yoji/Takashi's school. You'd think she would have run into Takashi at some point.

Also, we got more Hyper-speak Miyako. God I love her, especially when she's in that mode. Dammit, I want more episodes. 12 episodes is waaaaaaay too few for such a huge (and awesome) cast.
          So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
          Widgets Magazine
          Working...
          X