Widgets Magazine

[Streaming] Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (We, Without Wings) Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Streaming] Ore-tachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai (We, Without Wings) Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ANN Entry
    Official Site 1
    Official Site 2
    Crunchyroll Stream

Note
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the blue "Post Reply" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Quote" to the post you want to reply to.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Episode 4

WTF? I don't even...how does this...? I AM SO GODDAMN CONFUSED RIGHT NOW I DON"T EVEN!

Can we have more of Naru and Ai in their underwear? I manage to understand that much at least.
    VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
    Vivid Impact!
    Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 5

Asuka is a lot of fun. She's definitely up there with Alice, Naru, and Kobato for fun characters. Oh, and Ai and Tamaizumi too.

That scene with Masako/The Nameless Woman when she's trying to get into Takashi's pants was really bizarre, even by this show's standards. I have no idea what was going on there.

We learn there is a Fourth Feather, Garuda. I'm guessing that guy Takashi was talking to on the roof is him. Also, it seemed like all three characters were sharing the same body at the end of the previous episode, but now I'm not so sure. It did look like one of the others was starting to take control when the guy was getting onto Takashi about peeping, but Kobato being Takashi's actual imouto and living with him complicates things unless she's in on the body sharing. They were supposed to be switching off based on time of the day, but Takashi was still in control late at night.

And Martinez certainly wasn't who I was expecting to be taken into the ambulance. I was expecting Alice or Naru.

Anyway, this show is very strange, but its certainly gotten a hell of alot better since the first episode.
      So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Episode 6

And the fourth personality manifests. Garuda Darkblade.

Kobato definitely does not know about the multiple personalities, and her reaction to Hayato shows that they definitely appear different.

Naru's interpretation of events is always...amusing.

Also Hiyoko needs to buy cuter underwear.

(and the "Moe Garbage" gag was hilarious)
        VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
        Vivid Impact!
        Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 6

NekoNaru! Blushing, squeeing NekoNaru is even better. And her willful misinterpretation of Narita's words (and saying them herself in lower voice) to fuel her workman's outfit fetish was hilarious.

And the last personality, the one previously referred to as Garuda, finally comes out.... and he's insane. Like, borderline psychotic and Narita is absolutely terrified of letting him out.

Originally posted by Fencedude View Post
          Kobato definitely does not know about the multiple personalities, and her reaction to Hayato shows that they definitely appear different.
          Hmmmmm, I'm not so sure on that. When she says "Narita-san"? She seems unsure... but whether its because she barely knows him and isn't completely sure on the name or because she's not sure which personality she's talking to... it could go either way. Of the three personalities, Narita seems like the only one that would greet her the way he did there. Takashi would greet her with a more typical nice brother response, if she knows the Shuusuke personality, he would probably greet her in a silly manner, but I can't see either of them saying a line like Hayato did, in the way he did.

I could go either way on the MPD/different people from alternate universe thing, but I don't think that scene conclusively proves anything.

Comment

Episode 7

Good god, that was insane, even for this show. Garuda is nuts, just completely off his fucking rocker.

Most importantly, this episode confirms my suspicions that his/their appearance doesn't change. But its still not clear if anything supernatural and involving other worlds is going on, or if this is all just all coming from inside one guy's really fucked up head and Kakeru is just playing along.

And they're still introducing new female characters. I was amused at the black haired girl laying down next to the two guys after getting consistently ignored.

Also, Tamaizumi says "Watarai-senpai" in the opening scene. That's interesting, I figured she was older than Asuka.

Comment

Re: Episode 7

This episode was nuts and hilarious.

Garuda's completely insane, but a blast to watch.

And the opening scene with the girls, WEST VIRGINIA! I almost fell out of my chair.

I still have no idea whats actually going on though.
              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
              Vivid Impact!
              Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 8

Ok, the multiple personalities thing makes sense, more or less. The reasons are unclear, but the basics I get.

However there are other people out there who seem to know about "Gretagard", and...Asuka's reaction at the end was LOLWUT

Also, I think the "poison antidote" scene probably came straight out of the game.

Manga Gamer must get this game. I really, really want to play it now.
                VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                Vivid Impact!
                Vividred Operation

Comment

Episode 3

Let's try to actually progress in a show for once, shall we?

Conclusion, I'm convinced that I'm supposed to spend the entire series confused about everything and such.
                  "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
                  Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Re: Episode 4

I'd like to be educated by those teachers! That much I know for certain.

The main thing I got from this episode is hints about the connection between the various segments and they're may be something super natural going on.

Oh, and that the rapping stuff is still annoying.
                    "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"

Comment

Re: Episode 5

So this is essentially "Alternate Universes The Anime"? Well, I guess it might just be two worlds in the same universe. A fantasy world and Earth. After all, Japan alone is large enough that in theory those scenes could take place on the same planet. Of course the real question is "Why all the jumping?" Is it some plot for the greater goal of victory or one of those defensive measures?

Comment

Re: Episode 8

o_0 Wow @ the "poison sucking" scene. The censorship was awful, but at least here there was something legitimately worth censoring (i.e. not pantyshots that were okay 3 seconds earlier. And damn, I want to see the uncensored version of that.

While the involvement of supernatural forces haven't been completely eliminated, evidence is pointing pretty heavily to the root cause being one kid's really fucked up head. That said, a few character's reactions to the personalities do suggest there is more going on, namely Kakeru, that one guy in Takashi's school and possibly Asuka at the end. We don's see enough of Asuka to be able to discern anything from her reaction, but Kakeru and particularly the senpai's interest in the alternate personalities suggest its not merely a kid developing alternate personalities to deal with a life threatening disease (or something along those lines). It might be not so much that the real kid created the personalities but that his situation and mental stress made him a prime candidate for letting other people take over his body.

On the other hand... I just can't take the Gretagard scenes seriously at all, and I don't think you're supposed to. It really doesn't seem to be a real world at all. And I got a kick out of Takashi raging and brutally mutilating the corpse and then pulling the "We could have been friends" line.

Comment

Episode 9

Chitose spills the beans to Asuka, but we don't hear what she promised to tell him in exchange. Don't tease us like that!

In the meantime, Naru's bike is finally found, and Chitose's review of Hiyoko's book is published. One of these was a moment of joy, the other...not so much.
                          VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                          Vivid Impact!
                          Vividred Operation

Comment

Re: Episode 9

Uh, wow, Miyako is insane. She's the complete and polar opposite of what she was like last episode.

And Asuka is just fantastic. Especially when she's angry at Shuusuke and threatening him to try to get to Haneda.

Also, Ai. She should get way more screentime than she's actually gotten.

Oh, the book review thing with Hiyoko finally comes up again and starts going somewhere.

Comment

Episode 10

Oh wow this was awesome. I love how they are handling the alternate personalities, and making Hayato and Shuusuke have to deal with the other personality's secondary casts is awesome.

The pool scene was pretty fun, but the highlight was certainly the stuff with Hiyoko. She gets my moe going strong, and her telling off Eriko, and then "confessing" was great. I've really loved her plotline, definitely my favorite of the three.

And then Asuka at the end...
                              VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                              Vivid Impact!
                              Vividred Operation

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...