Widgets Magazine

The Figure News Thread (Remakes Don't Always Suck)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Figure News Thread (Remakes Don't Always Suck)

Widgets Magazine
    Because why not have one! I still like figures. I've copied the pertinent links from the old thread, deleted the dead ones, and made a few additions. If you're favorite retailer isn't listed, please let me know. And, uh, I guess I really should put in the affiliate links.

Import figure retailers:
    AmiAmi
    Akadot Retail
    CD Japan and their Preorder page
    Hobby Link Japan
    Hobby Search
    Mangaoh
    Mandarake (for used figures)
    Plajapan
    Play Asia
    Toy Mandala
    Yes Asia

Domestic figure retailers:
    AnimeNation
    Big Bad Toy Store
    Circle Red
    Entertainment Earth
    eStarland
    Japan Max
    JRS Toyworld
    Kid Nemo
    National Console Support
    Robert's Anime Corner Store
    Right Stuf
    Toylet
    Toys Logic
    Wizzywig Collectibles

Exclusives
    Big In Japan
    Hobby Frontier
    Nihonju
    Tokyo Hunter
    Yokatta Web

Figure News:
    AmiAmi
    Danny Choo
    Good Smile Company
    Neko Magic
    Last edited by Draneor; 05-03-2011, 04:25 PM.
    Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

But It Was much Better when Gatts Directed it...

So to kick it off let's mention three figures. First, we have the OreImo Chara-Ani Niitengo boxset. I'm definitely tempted to fill out the two figures I got via the manga/magazines. Especially since it has a deredere maid Kirino! And if I buy a box, I better get it.

Next, everyone's favorite demon imouto is getting a figure from MAX Factory. The face seems kind of off to me so I'll probably pass.

Lastly, we have a nendoroid that might give Miku a run for her money: Madoka. I heard a lot of complaints about Wave's earlier Madoka from Madoka fans. Perhaps they'll like this one better.
    Clannad is Life, Da Capo is Pure Love, Higurashi is Ethics, & Tori no Uta is the National Anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by Draneor View Post
      Lastly, we have a nendoroid that might give Miku a run for her money: Madoka. I heard a lot of complaints about Wave's earlier Madoka from Madoka fans. Perhaps they'll like this one better.
      Yep. Secured my pre-order at AmiAmi yesterday morning; the instant I noticed it. The side view of the proto is really cute.
      Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

Next, everyone's favorite demon imouto is getting a figure from MAX Factory. The face seems kind of off to me so I'll probably pass.
        There was something weird about the figure, but now that you point out the face I think you're right. I was considering it, but I'll probably pass as well.

Comment

So to kick it off let's mention three figures. First, we have the OreImo Chara-Ani Niitengo boxset. I'm definitely tempted to fill out the two figures I got via the manga/magazines. Especially since it has a deredere maid Kirino! And if I buy a box, I better get it.
          I was excited to see the box, but then realized it's not worth to just get the deredere Kirino figure. And, I know if I find a store that sells it individually, the price is going to be jacked up.

Cute - definitely looks good. I just wish GSC can come up with a better, sturdier base to hold these top heavy figures up.

Wave's Madoka swimsuit figure did look off. Wave is definitely hit or miss.

Comment

I was briefly tempted, but then I remembered how ridiculously tiny those figures were.
            So there's this thing called Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
              I was briefly tempted, but then I remembered how ridiculously tiny those figures were.
              Heh... I picked up a case of the Nanoha ones, which are the same size, and think they're incredibly nice for what they are. They easily blow away the other trading figures in my collection by a good margin.

The only problem is that some of them are a real pain in the ass to put together. Attaching to them to the base can be annoying since they don't get a good hold even if you press really hard. It was also impossible to get the barrier jacket ones to hold their weapons with two hands, but they still look okay.

...I do hope the more expensive, normal-sized ones are easier to put together, though.
              Help get Higurashi: When They Cry on Steam!

New & Early releases thread | MAL profile | anime collection | Avatar: Kobato Hasegawa (Haganai)

Comment

I'm really torn.
                I'd like to get it, but then collector's mentality would kick when the others inevitably get Nendos of their own, and I promised myself I would cut back after I've finished the BRS set.
                Maybe I should wait for a mini-Nendo set, the K-on! one was really nice.

Comment

Ooh, ooh, I know a few places!

Mandarake (for used figures)

These places carry some "exclusive" and mail order only figures:
                  Big In Japan
                  Hobby Frontier
                  Nihonju

Also if you shop at Tokyo Hunter, then you may also like Yokatta Web.

I have a bunch of stuff to add, but I can't do it while at work.
                  Last edited by Gatts; 05-03-2011, 07:29 AM.
                  Figure Enthusiast
                  Moderator: Comics, Movies, General Anime, Off-topic, Gaming Goodness

Comment

Looks like Good Smile is releasing another Misaka Mikoto. There's an Imouto version as well.
                    Avatar: Misaka Mikoto, the Railgun. Level 5 Electromaster and Ace of Tokiwadai Middle School.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatts
                      Ooh, ooh, I know a few places!
                      Thanks! Top list has been updated.

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                      Looks like Good Smile is releasing another Misaka Mikoto. There's an Imouto version as well.

I've been waiting for a good Mikoto. Unfortunately, I don't think this will be it.

Comment

Meh.

I'm hoping/dreading that Alter does a series of 1/7 Madoka action posed figures, like their Nanoha StrikerS line.

I don't think I could resist that.
                        VIVIDBLUE OPERATION!
                        Vivid Impact!
                        Vividred Operation

Comment

I like that figure of Madoka, but I'm waiting to see when one of Homura is coming out.
                          MyAnimeList | Avatar: Violet Evergarden of KyoAni's Violet Evergarden
                          Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
                          Simulcasts: FTL, FRB, KYB, FGN, MIX, FIL
                          The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
                            I want to clarify a few things. Penguin Parade is releasing Misaka with Imouto parts. Basically you buy one you can put on the parts to make the other. If you want both you just buy two copies of the same figure for full price and you get to dress one up as Misaka and the other one up as Imouto. The relevant part is this portion:
                            仕様:御坂美琴をベースに頭部、腕、スナイパーライフルを同梱、交換する事で妹仕様に変更可能
                               専用台座付属

Which basically says, we give you the parts, you do the switching yourself. They are also releasing Kuroko.
                            Figure Enthusiast
                            Moderator: Comics, Movies, General Anime, Off-topic, Gaming Goodness

Comment

Kotobukiya is running a poll for Golden Week. So if you want a figure, ask for it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                              Widgets Magazine
                              Working...
                              X