X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] Kaginado Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    かぎなど

A series of shorts featuring chibi version of characters from Key franchises.

Airs: Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Studio: Liden Films Kyoto

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll / Funimation / HIDIVE

A crossover television anime featuring chibi renditions of characters from Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters!, Rewrite, and additional Key franchises to be revealed at a later date.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

And here, all the Key franchise characters get introduced from Planeterian, Clannad, Air, Kanon, Little Busters, and Rewrite. It doesn't look like characters from Angel Beats, Charlotte, or The Day I Became a God will be appearing despite being part of the Key franchise. In any case, it's great to see these great characters once again as they are what made Key shows so great.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 1 was very cute and fun! I really liked how it parodies the climaxes of each show. (Though unlike the others, Clannad parodied the Nagisa path climax rather than the final story climax, oddly enough.)

That said, since whether the jokes land or not depend so much on your familiarity with the original scene & context for each one, I feel bad for viewers who either haven't seen or just don't remember every one of the original shows. Not to mention the meta jokes like Yuuichi subtly alluding to Ayu's seiyuu voicing Riki in the prior Little Busters scene.
      Well, it's a show exclusively for Key fans. Since they're parodying the endings right from the start, I think they're expecting familiarity from the viewers. Luckily I just rewatched them all this year, so all of them are fresh in my mind and the jokes land well for me, lol.

Either way, it's a great start. I look forward to next week and hope to see the groups actually start to mix together and what kind of funny interactions will come out of that.

Comment

Episode 2

Sunohara is at it again. I remember quite well just how much of an idiot he acts and would always get beaten up over it by Kyou or Tomoyo. This time, he gets cut down by Yuiko after that stunt he pulled. And then comes the explanation of the title as kagi means key, and nado comes from the word Clannad, and I would have to think that with a title like that, the Clannad characters will take up most of the screen time in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          And then comes the explanation of the title as kagi means key, and nado comes from the word Clannad, and I would have to think that with a title like that, the Clannad characters will take up most of the screen time in this.
          Not quite. The joke was that this was Sunohara's misunderstanding of the title. Afterward, Yuiko explained that Kaginado means "Key, etc.", and assured viewers that Clannad characters wouldn't get preferential treatment like Sunohara thought, lol.
          It's very meta humor.

Anyway, episode 2 was fun! Great to see our first bits of cross-series interactions, with tons of little in-jokes in not just the dialogue, but the background too.
          The series is really getting rolling now and it's quite a bit of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BalmungHHQ View Post
            Anyway, episode 2 was fun! Great to see our first bits of cross-series interactions, with tons of little in-jokes in not just the dialogue, but the background too.
            The series is really getting rolling now and it's quite a bit of fun!
            I found it strange that Lucia

Spoiler ->with her messed up sense of taste that lets her eat a parfait with hot sauce without feeling the burn

couldn't handle Akiko's Jam.🙄
            Avatar: Kirino Kousaka from Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai
            My Anime Collection

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post

I found it strange that Lucia

Spoiler ->with her messed up sense of taste that lets her eat a parfait with hot sauce without feeling the burn

couldn't handle Akiko's Jam.🙄
              I noticed that as well, lol.
              If anything, I suppose that goes to show the power of the jam...

Comment

Episode 3

It's onto the soccer pitch as Sunohara is once again up to his usual mischief. After all, he was a rising star on the soccer team, but was kicked out after getting into a fight with teammates. And of course, he has taken all sorts of blows, but not something like what Lucia has in store as her kicks pack quite a big vibration punch, so powerful that they cause wardrobe malfunctions. Lucia is quite scary to deal with when somebody gets on her bad side, and those boys sure paid the price for that.

Comment

Episode 4

Summer is here, which is when Air takes place. But these kids are spending it taking a dip in the school pool for swimming lessons rather than at the beach. And then these girls get to show off their figures in school swimsuits, and not just in chibi form. Things get pretty crazy there when Kagari is using her ribbons to avoid getting wet.

Comment

Episode 4

Summer is here, which is when Air takes place. But these kids are spending it taking a dip in the school pool for swimming lessons rather than at the beach. And then these girls get to show off their figures in school swimsuits, and not just in chibi form. Things get pretty crazy there when Kagari is using her ribbons to avoid getting wet.
                    Four minutes is way too short for this episode. I hope that we get a beach episode somewhere in this season.😉
                    My Anime Collection

Comment

Episode 5

And now an episode that reminds me of the sad life that Yukito lived during the events of Air, first as a wandering human and then as a crow. He stumbles into a flea market hoping to make some money with his psychic puppet trick. But that's nothing compared to what Kotori is capable of doing, and heck the other kids are making more money without using any special talents. And in the end, that ragged doll is torn to shreds going to show that he doesn't stand a chance when Kotori is around. It's no wonder why he's better off being a crow seeing that he can't do squat as a human.

Comment

Episode 6

All that talk about sisters is quite amusing, especially seeing Ryou and others getting censored. Though it would have been nice, Tomoyo doesn't have a sister, unfortunately. Nevertheless, it's amusing to see these kids being so passionate when it comes to family matters and everything.

Comment

Episode 7

It was inevitable that baseball would show up, and here it is. But with the way these kids are playing, it feels more like dodgeball than baseball. They just like to fight, and then some. Pretty hilarious game that was those kids were playing, especially with those guys taking a beanball in the groin.

Comment

Episode 7

It was inevitable that baseball would show up, and here it is. But with the way these kids are playing, it feels more like dodgeball than baseball. They just like to fight, and then some. Pretty hilarious game that was those kids were playing, especially with those guys taking a beanball in the groin.
                            I would have rather seen them do a four-team baseball tournament among the five Key series casts. Air and Kanon would be a joint team, with Clannad, Little Busters, and Rewrite each fielding their own teams.

And one set of sisters was missing from this story over the last two episodes.
                            My Anime Collection

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                            Widgets Magazine
                            Working...
                            X