X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] Build Divide Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ビルディバイド -#000000(コードブラック)-

A show based on an upcoming trading card game about card players who are battling the king in order have a wish granted.

Airs: Saturday, October 9, 2021 (first half), April 2022 (second half)

Studio: Liden Films

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

"I can see it. The way I can win..."

"This time I will beat him. So come at me again... accept! 'Bloom, gambler of souls!'"

In New Kyoto, a city governed by the "King," one's worth is determined by his or her strength in the Build Divide trading card game. Rumors swirl about New Kyoto and its King.

"If you defeat the King in Build Divide, any wish will be fulfilled." And in order to challenge the King, one must participate in the TCG battle known as Rebuild, and the "Key" must be completed.

Everyone has a wish they long to have fulfilled. Teruto Kurabe, a boy who vows to take down the King, and Sakura Banka, the mysterious girl who guides him, throw themselves into the Rebuild battle. With New Kyoto as the stage, the curtain rises and the battle begins for Teruto and his friends!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Beat the king, be the king.

As typical for something meant to advertise a card game, it starts off with a card game battle to introduce the rules of the game. That's what happens between Teruto and Sakura as they engage in a Rebuild battle. And just like how most card game shows begin, the MC falls behind, but finds a way to win it as while Teruto had the look of a beginner, there's something about him as he is all about dethroning the king for whatever reason. The card battles look cool, but that's about the only good thing about this show as for the most part, I didn't really care for it. With this show being a split-cour that I don't care to get invested in a show like this. At least other card game shows start off with a more explosive start and explain everything going on, but that's not really the case with this show.

So I'll keep watching for now, but chance are I'll be skipping this.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X