X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] Visual Prison Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ヴィジュアルプリズン

A musical show about bishonen vampires who engage in energetic and intense singing competitions.

Airs: Friday, October 8, 2021

Studio: A-1 Pictures

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Ange Yuki—a boy who wrestles with deep-seated loneliness and can't fit in. With nobody to call family, he leaves his hometown. Longing to see an artist he admires perform, he heads for Harajuku, where he encounters a live battle between visual kei units ECLIPSE and LOS † EDEN. Overwhelmed by the energetic performance, he is suddenly struck by an intense pain...

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

To sing, or not to sing? That is the question.

And so, it begins with the pretty vampire boy singers getting introduced, and then there's singing. And more singing, and a lot more after that. Ange is a big Guil fan, and he ends up meeting him where he would sing and get accepted by the red moon where it is revealed that he's actually a half-vampire. The episode ends with a big decision as it's up to Ange to see if he wants to sing or not. Pretty much this is going to be a big, long advertisement for the music, and while the music is great, there's just nothing else that's worthwhile in this show. I came in not really expecting much seeing that Hypnosis Mic was a dumpster fire of a show, and this kind of collaboration between Aniplex and A-1 feels like the same thing, though at least they did a nice job with the music. Nevertheless, this show just doesn't look like it will be for me.

As always, I'll give this show a fair trial, but it looks like my jail sentence in this prison will be a short one seeing that I'm not part of the target audience for something like this.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Bad moon rising.

So after a first episode that was almost nonstop singing, this one is all story with no singing, so at least something is going on. It's all info dumping here as Ange's acceptance by the moon was quite a shock, and being a half-vampire means he's prone to breaking some sacred rules, and he inadvertently did it that they are lucky that it didn't lead to any dire consequences. So in the end, Ange decides to sing, and pretty much had no other choice but to say yes. At least this show is going somewhere and it has some semblance of a story unlike with Hypnosis Mic, but the story so far is something I couldn't really care less about.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X