X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] My Senpai is Annoying Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    先輩がうざい後輩の話

A slice of life comedy about a pint-sized salarywoman starting her job working under an extremely rude senpai who treats her like a kid much to her annoyance.

Airs: Saturday, October 9, 2021

Studio: Doga Kobo

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Igarashi Futuba's new job would be great if her senpai, Takeda Harumi, wasn't so incredibly annoying! Futuba hates his laugh, she hates how big he is, and she really hates that he treats her like a little kid. Just because Futuba is short and looks young doesn't make her a kid, and just because she spends so much time with Takeda doesn't mean she sees him as anything but an annoying senpai...or does she?!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

She's such a kid?

Pretty hilarious show this is as Futaba's antics are really cute, and despite her petite size, she's an adult and a hard worker at the office. It doesn't help that she's so into cute things like those Happy Meal toys that makes her senpai look at her like a kid, all while she's drinking beer, and a drunk Futaba is pretty hilarious. This figures to be a fun and feel-good show.

Like always, the show undergoes a trial period before I decide whether or not this show will be part of my watchlist for this season.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Episode 1

She's such a kid?

Pretty hilarious show this is as Futaba's antics are really cute, and despite her petite size, she's an adult and a hard worker at the office. It doesn't help that she's so into cute things like those Happy Meal toys that makes her senpai look at her like a kid, all while she's drinking beer, and a drunk Futaba is pretty hilarious. This figures to be a fun and feel-good show.

Like always, the show undergoes a trial period before I decide whether or not this show will be part of my watchlist for this season.
      Re: Episode 1

The kawaii is strong with this one.

Futaba-chan is a chipper young woman, in her 2nd year as a salesperson at a trading company. She's dedicated. hard-working and on the road to bigger things....

Not including herself. Futaba is one of those exceptionally petite young woman, the kind who wishes she was 5 feet tall, and whose bra cup starts with A, and might even include another A. She's adorably cute, and loves cute, childish things to boot.

And then there's her senpai at work, who's her immediate boss: A big burly guy with a loud voice, loud laugh and who has a tendency to pat her head when she does good. He watches over her and is clearly a good guy, even taking the blame for not checking when Futaba makes a big mistake.

We also meet their co-workers: Sakurai Touko, a female co-worker and friend of Futaba, who is fairly tall with respectable bust, Kazama Souta, a make co-worker and salesman, who takes a picture aof Futaba after she fell asleep on the train leaning against Takeda, with him adding some graphics to it, to make Futaba have cat-ears and tail, and Takeda to have a bear's muzzle...and then send it to everyone at work; Tsukishiro Mona, an oddball female employee; and last, and so far least, the Chief.

So, we have Futaba, who looks to be maybe around 4'8-10". paired with Takeda who looks to be around 6'5-6", as an obvious odd couple pairing.

Fun fact: Seiyuu Tomori Kusunoki who voices Futaba is only 5'1" herself, although she has a bit more bust than Futaba does; She's also voiced at least one character in the past who had height issues, Lienn from Sword Art Online: Alternative Gun Gale Online, who is a super-tall young woman who's delighted to be able to play using a pint-sized avatar.

This looks to be a fun, slice-of-life rom-com, with things getting serious, here when the pair end the episode by going out to celebrate not only fixing Futaba-chan's error, but getting an even better deal out of it, with her working up the courage to finally ask why he's so good to a kouhai like her? Takeda's response is that if he was married and had a daughter, he'd want his daughter to be like her. And her drunken response, with eyes brimming with cuteness that's over 9,000: Why can't I be the wife?

Nice stuff here. I've known any number of adult lolis, in a variety of situations (from dating to friends to professionally, to adult friends, parents at my kids schools etc., ), from those who could easily be cast as a live action version of Futaba, to those who resembled a cross between Futaba and Sakurai: Sub 5 foot in height mixed with C/D+ Cup bust size. Finding out the various challenges they 've dealt with, looking like an incoming high school freshman when they're a practicing M.D., for instance, is always a lot of fun.

This looks to be a lot of fun.

My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

Flat in the chest.

It was inevitable that with Futaba's grossly underdeveloped figure that her flat chest would rear its ugly head, and that's exactly what happens here as she's envious of Sakurai's figure, and then with her longtime friend Natsumi's as well. So she tries on the old pad the chest trick with some buns, but things end up becoming quite awkward when she bumps into Takeda and Kazama on the train. And it's probably better that she doesn't as ladies with attractive figures will draw the attention of stalkers like the one Takeda used his judo technique on seeing that he's very skilled at the sport. And while Futaba and Takeda are growing their relationship, there's Sakura and Kazama developing one between them, and that phone call from inside the office was pretty funny. Great stuff once again as this show continues to be amusing.

Comment

Episode 3

Tied for Christmas.

Christmas is coming, and per company tradition one employee dresses up as Santa that's decided by random. Futaba was Santa last year, and this year it's Sakurai's turn, and also Futaba as the decision was made to have two Santas. And then Futaba buys a new necktie for Takeda, but is totally unsure about when to give it to him. It's after a Christmas dinner meal at a fast food chicken place that she finally gives it to him, all while Takeda gives her a scarf to replace the one she gave to that kid. And then the next day, Takeda is not wearing it as he intends to simply display it, but of course that's not what ties are made for. Pretty amusing stuff once again as Takeda continues to do another thing that's annoying, all while Futaba is being cute about all this.

Comment

Episode 4

Help me, help you.

Futaba feels under the weather and ends up having to take a day off work to rest up. Just one problem in that she needs groceries. It's a good thing Takeda arrived when he did to help her fellow co-worker out. And thanks to his meal, as well as saving Futaba the trouble of having to brave the cold in her state to make a trip to the grocery store, she's back and ready to go. And then Takeda falls ill, and Futaba returns the favor there. Pretty funny that unused oven mitt joke was. It turns out that Takeda did something he shouldn't have to keep his tough guy mentality up that led him to catching a cold as he meditated under the waterfall in the freezing cold. Those two are making quite the couple there, and it's nice to see it all going down.

Comment

Episode 5

Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what Senpai will get.

It's now Valentine's Day, and Futaba is making chocolates for everybody at the workplace. Along the way, they run into Sakurai's younger brother Yuto after Takeda uses his intimidating figure to scare those bullies away. They end up having some ramen, though I don't think anybody would want to order chocolate ramen seeing that those two things don't mix. And then Kazama sees Sakurai with Yuto and freaks out thinking that she's cheating on him, and that was pretty hilarious to see him feeling all down and out over something he quickly jumped to conclusions about. As it turns out, Takeda got a box of expensive Govadi chocolates, but his body can't handle that much sugar. And then Futaba hands Takeda her green tea chocolates that are more to his liking. Then comes the biggest surprise of the day, and that is the boss baking a cake for the company as it turns out he has a hobby of baking cakes. Lots of surprises here going to show that things usually get crazy with Valentine's Day episodes.

Comment

Episode 6

Her grandpa is annoying.

Here comes Futaba's grandfather as he's there to celebrate her birthday, which just so happens to fall on the same day as Takeda's. Gramps sure is quite passionate about Futaba there, and even though he is an old guy, he doesn't look that old. Certainly not in the strong physical shape he is in. He keeps on running into Takeda, but in the end those two become great buddies. Really nice way to introduce gramps as he came from pretty far away to see what his beloved granddaughter has been up to.

Comment

Episode 7

Do whatever you want, that's her motto.

And now, an episode that's all backstory here as the comedy takes a break to explain Futaba's high school days and her friendship with Natsumi. She met Natsumi on her way to school, only to find out that Natsumi was playing hooky going to an arcade instead. But from that point onward, the two became close friends and in finding a club to join, Futaba opts to join the art club while Natsumi joined the track team where her competitive juices from the arcade translates quite nicely. That was a great episode there to explain how Futaba and Natsumi became great friends, and of course Futaba doesn't look much different today than she was in her high school days.

Comment

Episode 8

A golden time to be together.

It's golden week, and that means a week off work. Everybody in the workplace seems to be content with just staying at home and cleaning up their place or enjoying their hobbies, but of course there are better things to do than that. So Kazama and Sakurai go on a date at the aquarium, and Kazama approaches this like a video game that leads to some amusing moments there. And then there's Futaba and Takeda as Futaba starts off watching movies and cleaning up her place before Takeda comes in and the two end up going to an arcade, among several other stops. Great to see them enjoying themselves even if if those outings are a bit out of their comfort zones.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
                    Widgets Magazine
                    Working...
                    X