X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] Platinum End Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    プラチナエンド

From the creators of Death Note comes this show about about a guy who has lived a life so depressing that he nearly kills himself, but is given a chance to become God, needing to kill 12 other competitors in just under three years.

Airs: Thursday, October 7, 2021

Studio: Signal MD

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

After the death of his parents, a young Mirai Kakehashi is left in the care of his abusive relatives. Since then, he has become gloomy and depressed, leading him to attempt suicide on the evening of his middle school graduation. Mirai, however, is saved by a pure white girl named Nasse who introduces herself as a guardian angel wishing to give him happiness—by granting him supernatural powers and a chance to become the new God.

In order to earn the position, he must defeat 12 other "God Candidates" within 999 days. Soon, Mirai begins a struggle to survive as a terrifying battle royale erupts between himself and the candidates looking to obtain the most power in the world.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

And so it begins with Mirai, whose life went to hell after his family was murdered through a car explosion, and he would be taken in by his uncle and aunt, who were abusing the living daylights out of him. Having decided that happiness was no longer possible that he decided to commit suicide, but he was saved by an angel due to his passive thoughts about wanting it. And now he has the chance to change all that as he gets the answers straight from his uncle and aunt as they killed his parents to collect the insurance money for themselves. And thanks to Mirai's powers, her aunt committed suicide due to Mirai's passive desire, while the uncle turns himself in. Pretty brutal way to start things off, and it just came off as being so sickening to watch it all. While being by the same guy who did Death Note has me interested, the manga is pretty bad from what I'm hearing, and the first episode didn't exactly impress me. If it takes the trajectory I think it will take, then all bets are off.

As always, I will watch some more to see if it is for me or not by the time I need to make a decision on this show.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

He is justice!

And just like that, it's game on as the first of the 13 god candidates has been eliminated with the comedian Tonma taken out by the one known as Metropoliman, who comes across as this show's version of Light Yagami. He's taking a vigilante approach to criminals, first killing Tonma with an arrow after the comedian had used his special powers to rape a bunch of idols, and then taking down a bunch of bank robbers. While he's thinking big, all Mirai wants to do is live an ordinary life and not be part of this god candidate crap he's being subjected to. If only it were as easy as that as quitting means death, and Mirai is now being targeted by Metropoliman. Mirai sure is in a tight spot now seeing that he was roped into all this.

Comment

Episode 3

Be her wings.

That was a clever fake-out there as it initially looked like that was Metropoliman's angel, but that's actually Saki's, who is Mirai's fellow classmate at school. Unlike with Metropoliman, Saki is looking to smoke the competition with Mirai's help, and after using her arrows she convinces Mirai to be her wings. And so, it's onto the baseball stadium where Metropoliman is up to something seeing that he's drawing everybody towards that place. It will be interesting to see what this guy has in store for all these guys.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X