X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] Tesla Note Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    テスラノート

An action show about a pair of young spies who are tasked with retrieving fragments created by a famous inventor that have been causing all sorts of havoc around the world.

Airs: Sunday, October 3, 2021

Studio: Gambit

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Mission T is a secret operation to save the world from destruction. Trained as a ninja from a young age, Botan Negoro, raised to become the ultimate spy, teams up with another excellent spy, Kuruma. Their aim is to recover the legacy of the genius inventor Nikola Tesla, the "Shards of Tesla." Can the two outwit the agents of other countries who are also pursuing these fragments? A super-original spy thriller begins.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Totally spies.

What a complete and utter train wreck this show is, and heck there's even an actual train wreck going on in the opening episode. It's a show about Botan and Kuruma working together as spies to retrieve the Tesla shards that have been causing havoc all over the world, and one such shard dropped in Norway.

It's pretty much all action here, but it's just poorly executed in every way imaginable. And of course, the CG is just terrible in this show, further exacerbated by having characters randomly showing up in 2D. This is at least better than Ex-Arm as the CG is at least a little bit better, but it's pretty clear that this show is a dumpster fire, and Ex-Arm set the bar as to how bad a show can get. Even last season's CGI mess in D_Cide Traumerei at least looked decent enough for me to want to watch, and I would have had the show had a halfway decent story. I don't see that at all coming for this show.

As usual, the trial period rules are in effect, but it's pretty clear and obvious that with this probably being the worst show of the season that there's virtually no chance this show will stick.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Pain on the train.

And this show continues to be so messed up, although this episode is at least better than the first, if only because there are no 2D characters mixed in, and because Botan got to show what she can do when she's equipped with her spy gadgets and is wearing her combat suit seeing that the flower pattern makes her stand out. Even so, this show continues to be a dumpster fire in just about every way imaginable, save for some of the things that only apply to Ex-Arm. Anyway, I'll stick around for one more episode, but I'm pretty sure that will be it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X