X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2021] The Fruit of Evolution Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    進化の実~知らないうちに勝ち組人生~

A show about a student who had been bullied quite a lot at school who is transported along with the rest of the school into another world. Just when it looked like he had to prepare for the worst, everything changed when he ate a fruit that evolved his image, and now he's realizing that he can turn everything around now.

Airs: Monday, October 4, 2021

Studio: Hotline

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

"Seiichi Hiiragi is an ugly, revolting, dirty, smelly fatass"—these are the insults hurled at him one after another about his appearance. Such was Seiichi's miserable school life.

One day, a voice claiming to be a God announced over the public address system to prepare to be transported to another world. The entire school, including Seiichi, were sent to a fantasy world featuring game-like elements such as levels, stats, and skills. However, the God still had preparations to complete for the transfer, and would send them over as soon as the hero summoning ritual was ready. The classes all formed groups to wait for the transfer, but Seiichi alone was excluded, and as such was summoned to a different area. After being transported, the first thing Seiichi ate was the "Fruit of Evolution," which would come to greatly change his life...

This story follows Seiichi from being bullied by his classmates, neglected as a companion, to his hard work, positive attitude, and surviving in this new world. As a result, he becomes one of the champions before he knows it.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Futaba Igarashi, My Senpai is Annoying
    Watching: School-Live!, Hanako-kun, Vanguard Link Joker, Kingdom
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Evolution's the solution.

And so it begins with Seiichi and his classmates being isekaied into a fantasy world and while everybody else is enjoying a normal life there, not Seiichi as because he was being bullied and was tabbed as being weak and useless, he's all alone in the jungle area where his survival instincts led him to something that would change his life forever. He happens to stumble upon a devil fruit, one that causes him to evolve and after ten steps of evolution, he's a completely different guy now able to beat those gorilla. And then the leader of them Saria comes in to battle him as while he could handle level 100 gorilla, this one is at over 700. Even after getting totally owned, Saria has taken quite a great interest in him. Pretty much, this is just the stereotypical isekai show involving a dull MC and a bazillion or so gimmicks, and while I'm willing to put up with these kinds of shows, this one just has terrible production values seeing that this is being put out by a no-name studio. I didn't exactly come into this show with much enthusiasm after seeing the subpar animation quality in the trailers and promo arts, and while it could develop into something decent, I just don't get that sense that it will happen.

As usual, the trial period rules are in effect. This looks like a surefire drop, but again I'm going to play out the process before making a decision.

Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Who wants to marry a gorilla?

Saria has fallen in love with Seiichi, which doesn't sit well with him seeing that she fails to realize that a human can't marry a gorilla. But that all changes when Seiichi defeats Xeanos, an aristocrat who used to be kind until the emperor's corruption and betrayal turned his life upside down with only his maid Marie able to keep him upright. But when Marie died, he totally lost it. Saria came in to take what would have otherwise been a fatal blow for Seiichi, and after beating the boss they kiss, and Xeanos becomes a girl, all while Mr. Sheep comes in to reward Seiichi with materials to cultivate those fruits of evolution for being the first to clear the dungeon. And thus, Saria is a human and that obstacle has been removed allowing them to marry, though the craziness is just beginning. Lots of stuff going on here, but nevertheless this show is just too dumb for its own good.

Comment

Episode 3

Putting power to the test.

And just like that, Seiichi becomes some OP freakazoid that happens way too many times in isekai shows as he causes a huge explosion simply by killing a slime, all while merely putting his hand on a stone structure causes the whole thing to come crumbling down. So Seiichi registers with a guild, whose receptionist can change into that torture queen outfit in an instant and show an entirely different side of her, all while the guild members are a bunch of weirdos. Then there's the ax-wielding Artoria that puts Seiichi to the test. And after a day's work, he gets paid with the money coming out of somebody's junk for whatever reason. Lots of stupidity on display here that highlights all of this show's problems.

So with that, I think that I had it made already with this show.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X