X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2021] Mother of the Goddess’ Dormitory Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    女神寮の寮母くん。

An ecchi show about a boy abandoned by his father being taken into a college dorm inhabited by troublesome girls who will take every opportunity to flirt with him.

Airs: Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Studio: Asread

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

Nagumi Koushi is a 12-year-old boy who was abandoned by his father after their house caught on fire, leaving him to roam the streets penniless. Then one day, a girl named Minerva who finds him lying on the sidewalk, takes him to a women's college dormitory, one known for housing troublesome residents, and asks him to be their "Dormitory Mother." Surrounded by older women, forced to deal with their idiosyncrasies, Koushi starts his new (somewhat ecchi) life!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Both a blessing and a curse.

So it begins with an ecchi scene in the bath that takes place not long after the start of the series in which Koushi was too quick to take a bath right after he arrived at the place. Koushi's house went down in flames, but to add insult to injury his father abandoned him after the blaze. And by chance, he was picked up on the streets and was hired to be the "mother" of the dorm filled with weirdos. And it's no wonder why the place is called the Goddess' Dormitory as everybody there is named after a goddess, whether it's their real name, handle name, or nickname. Koushi sure has gotten himself into some pretty crazy situations, from walking into the bath with the girls still bathing, to Mineru's scientific hijinks, and Frey's cosplay obsession and love for gothic fashion. While I knew that this show was going to be quite mature, I just didn't know what this show was going to throw out at me, and knowing how Asread is one of the worst studios out there, I was expecting it to be hot garbage. Well, at least it isn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, especially since HIDIVE was generous enough to get the uncensored version, but still not something that's good enough to make my watchlist from an objective standpoint.

As usual, I have my trial period rules in effect and I'll continue the evaluation process until I know for sure where this show stands.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

This is no place for nosebleeds.

Koushi's life just continues to be crazy, and he can't even catch a break when he's sleeping. His room is right below Kiriya's, an expert in martial arts, and combined with the facility being so old and run down that it means a hole through the ceiling. And then there's Serene who wants something to eat. Then there's Atena, who establishes a big sister relationship with Koushi, though Koushi was acting more like the older of the siblings when the go out and Atena nearly gets a nosebleed. Just more fanservice here, and while shows like this tend to be among the worst of the worst, not so much with this show as it's at least watchable and it accomplishes what it sets out to do being an ecchi show to deliver on the fanservice first and foremost. Even so, this show certainly doesn't have much to offer that hasn't been done quite a lot already.

Comment

Episode 3

Where have you been?

Here comes the childhood friend Sutea, and she's none too pleased that Koushi didn't even text her when a blaze destroyed his home. Of course, with so much on Koushi's mind that it was easy for that to slip through the cracks. And even though she is supposed to be the counterbalance in this harem, Koushi is dealing with sexual situations with her as well, just not to the extent he has been with his crazy roommates at the dorm. Sutea sure is hotheaded and is quite upset at the situation, which is understandable. Not to mention, when she finds out where Koushi is now living, all hell is bound to break loose. So it's more of the same, though I felt that Sutea's fanservice was forced whereas with the dorm residents it occurred naturally.

So with that, I think I'm ready to check out of this show. It was better than I was expecting, but still the kind of trash that I don't have time for, at least during the season.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X