X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2021] D_Cide Traumerei Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    D_CIDE TRAUMEREI(ディーサイドトロイメライ)

A show about a guy who was traumatized by witnessing his older brother die, and then he ends up being thrown into a mysterious dream.

Airs: Saturday, July 10, 2021

Studio: Sanzigen

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

The stage is Shibuya.

When Ryuuhei Oda was in elementary school, he admired his kind older brother. Ryuuhei, who witnessed the mysterious death of his brother, is now a cheerful high schooler who doesn't let the lurking nightmare surrounding faze him. One day, while kickboxing, he's bitten by a mysterious creature named Tris and has an unusual dream.

He confronts his twisted desires as rumored "Drops" fly through the streets. What does he see beyond that?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

This isn't a dream.

So it starts out with Ryuhei remembering his big brother and taking up kickboxing. Then he has a nightmare that he wakes up from. As it turns out, that dream has real life consequences as he is being chased, but in comes Jessica and Aruto to help out. Jessica tells him he has some hidden power that he unleashes to defeat those giants hands with zipper mouths. While Jessica looks like a little kid, she's actually an adult. Seeing that this was created to market a game that I wasn't expecting much coming into this show, especially with this being a show done in CGI. While I don't mind the CGI, it has to have a strong story to go along with it, and so far that definitely is not the case. Hopefully things can build off of this to form a halfway decent story, but I'm not getting my hopes up, so for now it is what it is.

As usual, the trial period rules are in effect, and that means I'll be giving it another episode or two in order to D_Cide whether I want to continue to watch this show or not.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Cut the strings.

Looks like this show is going to follow a character-of-the-week format, which doesn't exactly bode well for this show. This week's featured character is Eri, an honors student who has a crush on Ryuhei. And while there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with her, that couldn't be any further from the truth as she lives with an abusive father who has been quite demanding of her, and the puppet imagery is an accurate assessment of her life. But she becomes one of those fighters and is taking control of her life as she got her abusive father to get a divorce by blackmailing him with proof that he abused his wife that jeopardizes his career. Just like with the first episode, not much makes sense as it is clear that this show was created with the intent to market a mobile game more than anything. Next time, it's Rena's turn to power up and fight back.

Comment

Episode 3

These are your real friends.

So it's another character-of-the-week episode with Rena being the featured character, and at least her design looks great. But aside from that, it's more of the same with no much going for it. Another traumatized character who is about to become food for those hands with zippers, but awakens her power to fight back. Pretty dull and unimaginative once again.

So with that, I will D_Cide to end it right here as Saturdays are quite packed with lots of great shows, but this ain't one of them. I had some hopes for this show with the nice character designs and concept, but in the end this was made with one purpose, and that is to market the mobile game that's coming out.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X