X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2021] Kageki Shojo!! Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    かげきしょうじょ!!

A show about bachlorettes at a theater school training hard to make it on stage in this difficult line of work.

Airs: Saturday, July 3, 2021

Studio: Pine Jam

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Founded in the Taisho era, the "Red Flower Opera Company" attracts people's hearts across generations on a beautiful and gorgeous stage created only by unmarried women. The 100th generation students who have passed through a high magnification and entered the "Red Flower Opera Music School" to develop the human resources. Sarasa Watanabe, an innocent girl with a height of 178 cm who longs for "Oscar-sama." Ai Narada, a former national idol who is indifferent to everything, both dreams and friends. The music school life full of hope and conflict, where everything is disjointed, is about to begin!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

This is no place for idols.

So it begins with Ai starting her life at theater school that's a pretty cutthroat place, and has a fateful encounter with the tall and talented Sarasa. Things open up with a check on talent as Sarasa is ahead of everybody else, but it's because of that fact that she needs to learn quite a lot while at school. And then there is Ai as while she is an accomplished idol, being cute and energetic doesn't exactly translate well to the theatrical stage. And then the two become roommates to start off what ought to be an interesting yuri relationship. Not a bad start, but this show just isn't my cup of tea and coming in, this was pretty low on my hype list, especially with Saturdays featuring another crowded lineup this season.

As always, I'll check out a few more episodes before determining if this show passes the audition that is my trial period.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

How to win an Oscar.

Sarasa can be such a crybaby seeing that she badly wants the lead role in the Rose of Versailles play seeing that she's a huge fan of the manga and was inspired to pursue a career in theater after seeing the play on the same stage she hopes to act on. But of course she has quite a lot of competition, and not to mention she's too tall for the role. The class is introduced, and Sawa is just annoying, all while Sarasa is someone who just can't be contained. While this show looks like it will at least be interesting, I'm just not feeling it.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X