X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2021] Girlfriend, Girlfriend Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    カノジョも彼女

A romcom about a guy at the center of a love triangle who establishes romantic relationships with two girls as he doesn't exactly want either girl to be hurt by rejection.

Airs: Friday, July 2, 2021

Studio: Tezuka

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

After harboring an unrequited love for years, Naoya Mukai finally gets to date his childhood friend, Saki Saki. However, just as he tries to commit himself to this relationship, he receives an abrupt confession from Nagisa Minase.

At first, Naoya tries to reject her but is soon overcome by feelings of not wanting to hurt Nagisa. Trying to avoid betraying his girlfriend's trust in him, Naoya thinks up a "solution" to make both girls happy—two-timing. Naturally, Saki rebuffs this idea, but through Naoya's and Nagisa's persistence, she reluctantly submits.

With this, a three-way affair begins between Naoya, his girlfriend, and his "other" girlfriend, as they develop a relationship that deviates from the social norm.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: The Ohio State University Buckeyes
    Watching: Tylor, Astra Lost in Space, School-Live!, Vanguard
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Girlfriends, meet girlfriend.

So it begins with Naoya finally getting the response he wants from his childhood crush Saki. But just after his love became requited, in comes another girl in Nagisa who is confessing her love for him. And then things just get crazy afterwards as Saki just can't get enough of Nagisa, all while there are quite a lot of awkward situations to deal with. Seeing that this is by the same person who did Aho Girl that I can definitely see the influence there. Nevertheless, I'm just not expecting much seeing that they threw every trope and cliche from the book for romcoms with mixed results, but it could be fun.

As usual, the trial period rules are in effect as I continue to evaluate shows.
    Simulcasts: MHA, TYE, TRN, TSL, HIG, IMH, PMM, KMD, OGF, AQT, VTS, FPP, REM, ROL, DDM, GRO, JHY, HRH, PBR, SGK, SON
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Can he keep a secret?

Some more craziness now that Naoya is trying to double-date with Saki and Nagisa well aware that he's trying to ease the shock for whichever girlfriend ultimately gets rejected in the end. So it's starts off with the three sleeping together with connected futons, and that leads to some pretty hilarious bedtime antics. Nagisa tried to do what a housewife typically does with the cooking and stuff, and then Naoya holds a tutoring session that just goes wrong in every way. Then it's off to school again where Naoya is told keep the relationships a secret, which of course he can't be entrusted to do leading Saki to put on the wrestling moves on him. Quite a funny episode that was going to show that having two girlfriends Naoya needs to keep happy is not exactly going to be an easy thing to do.

Comment

Episode 3

Looking for a place.

And now, the three are scrambling to find a place to enjoy their lunch in private as they are not allowed on the roof. Lots of craziness ensues as they end up in the girls restroom, which is probably the worst place possible to do so as not only is it smelly, dirty, and gross, but there's a boy among them. So in the end, they settle for an equipment storage shed that's locked, but there's an open window to get in. And then Saki has that inferiority complex and is going so far as to try and cook for Naoya, all while their relationship gets strained. And no, free gacha rolls aren't going to make the situation better. But they talk things out and all is well for now. Once again, it's just hilarious to see those three doing all sorts of stupid things. Next time, the blondie enters the chaos.

Comment

Episode 4

His third girlfriend is a MeTuber.

After all that, all it took was a punch at Naoya's request, and things are all well and good again. But just when it looked like things couldn't get any more chaotic, they just did. That's because the one known as the MeTuber called Milika-san found their secret lunch spot, and Milika was about to smoke them out. That is, until Saki discovers her online identity as Milika did quite a poor job in hiding her real life identity. So at least they managed to keep the blondie silent, but things don't end there as now she declared herself as, you guessed it, Naoya's girlfriend. So with three girlfriends now, and a fourth one coming soon, what's Naoya to do. Pretty hilarious how it all went down.

So with that, the trial period is over for this show, and while I see this one headed towards the drop zone, the show just keeps on getting funnier. In any case, I'm not going to make a decision on this show just yet, but in any case I have very mixed feelings about it.

Comment

Episode 5

Three's a crowd.

Seeing that Naoya already has Saki and Nagisa for girlfriends that of course he was going to reject Milika as the MeTuber ought to know better than to try and fall in love with somebody knowing that he already has two suitors lined up for him, but nope. Milika goes as far as to camp out at Naoya's house, and trying to withstand the freezing nighttime rain in the process. She even orders stuff from Amazon to get them shipped to his house in order to withstand camping out at his house seeing that she earns quite a lot of money with her MeTube livestreams. And then she tries to keep herself warm with all that moving around that only makes her sweat and make her stinky, which doesn't stop her from setting up her own shower. Milika is just desperate there and while I get that some will do anything and everything, she's not exactly in a good position to win over Naoya. That was one of the weaker episodes as while it continues to be funny, things are really starting to wear out for me with this show.

So with that, I'm ready to give up on this show, though I might finish out the extended trial just because I'm allotted that.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
            Widgets Magazine
            Working...
            X