X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2019] Stand My Heroes: Piece of Truth Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    スタンドマイヒーローズ PIECE OF TRUTH

A detective show adapted from an otoge about a young adult lady investigating and examining cases involving dangerous drugs, and she just so happens to be immune to them.

Airs: Monday, October 7, 2019

Studio: M.S.C.

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Newcomer Rei Izumi is joining the narcotics investigation unit of the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare. As a scout for the newly created STAND, she’s going to recruit the most unique of agents, investigators, and informants to make up a specialized team to safeguard the country. And their first mission is to discover the hazardous drug destroying the lives of innocent Tokyo citizens.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Drugs don't work on her.

So it begins with Rei being introduced to her co-workers as she's a new employee at the agency that's investigating Stands. And after a rather lengthy introductory segment, it's onto investing her first case on a cruise ship. She gets herself into trouble in typical otoge style, but then it is revealed that she's immune to that drug that has been causing a lot of havoc around Tokyo. And she's found and bailed out. So that was rather dull, but at least Rei has some intrigue in her character.

Pretty much, it's what I expect out of an otome game adaptation seeing that they usually are quite terrible. Of course, there are some that manage to be decent like UtaPri and Code:Realize, but I just don't see that in this show. I'll keep going for now, but it looks like it's not going to be for long.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

What will it take to recruit him?

Now that Rei is back after being on probation having gone through her first recruitment campaign, she's on her next recruitment drive, this time recruiting members of Revel, but of course it's quite a difficult process. First, she had to prove her immunity (or at least be willing to take in something Kagura claims is a drug). Then she goes out on a dinner date, heal Kagura's hand after he injured it over broken glass, and then has another conversation with Maki. He hasn't joined yet, but at least he realizes just how much of a hard worker Rei is. Pretty dull episode that was, but at least it's getting somewhere even if it's not in the right direction.

Comment

Episode 3

Read between the lines.

For the next case, a novelist in Makoto Tsuzaki is joining the investigation, while his brother, the actor Kyosuke, is part of it. While this is quite an odd arrangement, it turns out that the brothers are involved in a cold case involving a drug, and since the narcs couldn't close it that it's no wonder why Makoto refuses. It just so happens that their sister Sara was involved in an accident and hasn't woken up from her coma for 16 years. While Makoto appears to be cold, Rei realizes that they do care about each other, and case in point is the kids novel that Makoto is writing seeing that this is what he wants to do rather than doing something he's forced to do. Well, at least this is a better episode than the first two, but even so it still is hindered by the typical problems that plague otoge adaptations.

So with that, I no longer stand by this show as I decided to wait until the simuldub is out to give it my three episode trial, and now that it's fulfilled, I'm moving on.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X