X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2019] Kabukicho Sherlock Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    歌舞伎町シャーロック

A detective show involving Sherlock Holmes as he goes around Shinjuku's Kabukicho district to dig up clues and solve a mystery that starts out with a bizarre murder incident.

Airs: Friday, October 11, 2019

Studio: Production I.G

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Funimation

Shinjuku ward east side... The center of the street with most chaos, There's a Kabukicho with full of neon lights. When the light is stronger, the shadow is deeper. The story begins when certain bizarre murder happens one night! Suspense? Or Comedy? Drama that cannot identify begins!

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

All Jacked up.

So it begins with a murder being investigated where some night club lady is murdered with a picture of wings drawn in blood, and through Sherlock's digging, he figures out that the one who did it was Jack the Ripper. Or rather, some chauffeur pretending to be him. Pretty amusing way to start things here with a detective show that has some humor and other crazy things mixed in. At the very least, that give this show something to differentiate itself from other detective shows. That said, I'm having a hard time figuring out how this kind of storytelling is going to be sustainable through two cours, but at the very least I like what I have watched so far.

As usual, there's the trial period rules as I'm in no position to make a decision on this show at the moment.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X