X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2019] Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    魔入りました!入間くん

A show about a boy sold to the demons and is attending a school for demons, but he's finding himself in a crazy environment.

Airs: Saturday, October 5, 2019

Studio: BN Pictures

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Suzuki Iruma has been sold to the demon by his irresponsible parents in exchange for money. Surprisingly, next thing he knows, he is living with the demon and has been transferred into a school in the Demon World...

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Don't get tripped up.

Iruma sure didn't deserve what was coming to him being sold off much like Hayate. But at least Sullivan is a better caretaker than his parents will ever be even if he is full of irony. He's the school's principal, and while Iruma is being told to keep a low profile, unfortunately Sullivan loves to tease him by getting him to chant that forbidden spell. And because he stole the spotlight, he's getting himself into a duel where by taking a defensive stance and delivering a German suplex, he now has a friend. Pretty funny show this is, but at the same time it can get cringeworthy and stale.

As usual, trial period rules and for now I'm keeping a neutral stance on that.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
      Episode 1

Don't get tripped up.

Iruma sure didn't deserve what was coming to him being sold off much like Hayate. But at least Sullivan is a better caretaker than his parents will ever be even if he is full of irony. He's the school's principal, and while Iruma is being told to keep a low profile, unfortunately Sullivan loves to tease him by getting him to chant that forbidden spell. And because he stole the spotlight, he's getting himself into a duel where by taking a defensive stance and delivering a German suplex, he now has a friend. Pretty funny show this is, but at the same time it can get cringeworthy and stale.

As usual, trial period rules and for now I'm keeping a neutral stance on that.
      This started off seeming like a lamer version of Rosario + Vampire, but I have to admit, when they started singing the school song, it did get a surprise LOL out of me.

This is one that'll be week to week for me; all of a sudden, the season's over and I've watched the whole series, or I dropped it 10 episodes (or more) ago. Which outcome remains to be seen.
      My Avatar: The lovely Mikuru Asahina from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Why do I stick with her in a world of constantly changing avatars? Because:
      1) Her friendly, playful attitude in that picture, (despite being forced unwillingly into cosplay), reflects my own friendly, playful personality;
      2) Mikuru-chan is an excellent combo of smoking hot and super sweet cuteness; and
      3) It makes it easiier for me to find my own posts in threads.

Comment

Episode 2

An unfamiliar familiar.

And now, Iruma's first order of business at school is to summon a familiar, for which failure means expulsion. Of course that's not such a bad thing for Iruma as it means saying goodbye to the demon world. But while everybody else summoned their familiars that were expected partners with Azz getting the most useful one of them all, Iruma gets the teacher Kalego-sensei himself and he's stuck with him for a year. Sullivan must have pulled the strings on that one once again seeing that he and the teacher don't get along. Iruma's school life couldn't be any more messed up.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X