X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fall 2019] Z/X: Code Reunion Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    Z/X コード リユニオン

A show based on a card game set in an all-girls school where humanity and Zex coexist.

Airs: Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Studio: Passione

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    HIDIVE

A peace treaty results in an uneasy truce between humanity and the Zex. Now living in an integrated society, Azumi Kakamigahara finds herself partnered with a Zex named Rigel as the two enroll at the newly established Fujimisaki Academy.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Rikka "Lily" Isurugi, Black Fox
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Getting schooled before school.

Azumi is off to school for the inaugural class, and right off the bat, Shuri has made quite an impression with her swordplay, all while Matoi knows how to use that doll. But before this school can get up and running, the place comes under attack by a rogue Zex in space, and while Rigel's blast is powerful, it didn't scratch it as it only revealed the enemy. And then Azumi collapses from the recoil of the attack. Having not watched through Z/X Ignition, this definitely feels different than its predecessor from what I remember watching, mostly because I remember Ignition for being all over the place where as at least this show feels a lot more focused. Anyway, my expectations coming in were pretty low, and at least it's going to keep my interest for awhile. If I'm going to continue to watch this show, I'll have to go back and watch Ignition.

As usual, trial period procedures apply, and even though I have yet to see Ignition, I feel that it's not really necessary to do so.
    Watching: Gate, Mitsuboshi Colors, Snow White with the Red Hair, Ghost Hound, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, KYB, FRB, MIX, FIL, MTI, DUN, ALS, COP, DRS, IDD, FSN-LE, VLS, MMZ, GIV, HES, HDB, AKO, NHG, RST, SND, PKC
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Re: Episode 1

This looks like it has potential to be fun. That said considering how the episode ended, it won't be just "fun and games" for the cast. Still I like Rigel and Azumi's relationship already and it's nice they get to be the leads this time. Or well an alternate version of them anyway.

In any case, the only real benefit to watching "Ignition" before hand would "trivia" for lack of a better term. Ie being able to "recognize" a character and being able to note how they're different in this Alternate Story.
      "So be it you have control of the world, but I will rule the universe! The power of Sword and Axe!"
      Avatar: Tatyana of Romancing SaGa 3

Comment

Episode 2

Live and learn.

And Azumi's desire to live got her to take action, but she and Rigel just aren't strong enough to take out that thing. Just when they were about to bite dust against that enemy from outer space, in comes a dragon and a bunch of veteran girls to overpower that monster. And just like that, school life really can begin. The show just lacks a plot all while whatever plot there is, that's the kind of stuff I have seen time and again. Anyway, I'll give it one more episode seeing that the mood is apparently supposed to shift.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
        Widgets Magazine
        Working...
        X