X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2019] Given Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    ギヴン

A BL show where the two boys form a band and become emotionally attached to each other.

Airs: Thursday, July 11, 2019

Studio: Lerche

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

"It's stuck deep inside me and I can't get it out of my head. Mafuyu's voice is an insane and dangerous weapon."

That day, Ritsuka Uenoyama started to feel that playing the guitar and playing basketball, both of which he liked very much, were becoming boring. He then encounters Mafuyu Sato, who's holding onto a broken guitar, and decides to fix it. The moment Uenoyama finishes fixing the guitar, Mafuyu becomes completely attached to him. However, after hearing Mafuyu sing it leaves a deep impression on him.

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these two easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please indicate in the first line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please quote that post (or a relevant reply to that post), or include the episode title in the first line. ("Re: Episode 1") Just make sure the episode is indicated.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

Comes with strings attached.

So it begins with Ritsuka bored out of his mind with both the guitar and basketball, but that quickly changes when he has an encounter with Mafuyu and a special guitar in need of repairs. And thus, things are set in motion with Mafuyu asking Ritsuka to teach him on the guitar, as well as form a new band. That sure got Ritsuka out of his boredom seeing that his guitar skills were being laid to waste with the way things were going. That was quite a nice start there as the chemistry and relationship development is going to be something great if it captures the heart and soul of the manga, which I heard is amazing. While I'm not into BL, I will watch a well-done BL show as this is shaping up to be.

So as usual, this is put through the trial process, and while my interest was low coming in, I have a feeling it's going to turn into something special seeing that this is on the Noitamina block, which is supposed to be for shows with widespread appeal, and BL is a genre that generally lacks that.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
    Widgets Magazine
    Working...
    X