Widgets Magazine

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Summer 2019] If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord Discussion Thread

Widgets Magazine
    うちの娘の為ならば、俺はもしかしたら魔王も倒せるかもしれない。

A show about an adventurer adopting a cute demon girl and not exactly finding it easy to be a father, not when he realizes something's amiss about his daughter.

Airs: Thursday, July 4, 2019

Studio: Maho Film

ANN Entry
    My Anime List
    Official Site
    Crunchyroll

Dale is a cool, composed, and highly skilled adventurer who's made quite a name for himself despite his youth. One day on a job deep in the forest, he comes across a little devil girl who's almost wasted away. Unable to just leave her there to die, Dale takes her home and becomes her adoptive father.

Devil or not, Latina is beyond adorable, and the adventurer soon finds himself head over heels with being a parent.

But why was she out in the forest to begin with, and why does she carry the mark of a criminal?

Notes
    As usual, please try to follow these three easy forum courtesy habits when replying:
    1) If you're the first person to post about an episode in any given week, please respond to the root post (this post) and indicate in the subject line which episode you're posting about.
    2) If someone has already posted about an episode before you, please respond to that post (or a relevant reply to that post). Keep in the right subthread.
    3) Don't use the "Reply to Thread" button because it causes your reply not to correctly inherit the subject line of the post you're replying to. Just click "Reply" to the post you want to reply to.

For more guidelines please refer to this thread.
    MyAnimeList | Avatar: Lecia Ivyred, The Rising of the Shield Hero
    Watching: Kyo Kara Maoh, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Toonami Stuff
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Episode 1

She's a demon in disguise.

So it begins with Dale finding Latina, and while she is a demon, the mortal enemies of humans, Dale just couldn't stand around and let her wither away. So he takes her in, and he's keeping her demon identity a secret with those ribbons and making her his daughter. Dale has quite a lot to learn about being a father, but he's certainly up for the task seeing that Latina has established an affection for him, all while she's becoming popular with the locals ignorant of her true identity. Very nice way to start things off here as Latina is so cute.

As usual, trial rules apply, though with this being one of my most anticipated shows of the season that it shouldn't take long to lock it in. The novel is great, but I have some reservations seeing that that it's by a studio that only started up a year ago and this is their first animation project as the lead dog. But nevertheless, Latina figures to be someone I look forward to watching every week.
    Simulcasts: FTL, DRO, CQK, RSH, AOT, BSD, FRB, OPM, KYB, FGN, SKS, MLA, SMT, HBS, KOT, MIX, WNL, KMA, FIL, IDM, ISQ, SRG, STW
    The only thing better than anime is sports. Get hit hard and you got JACKED UP! Or else it's a C'mon Man!

Comment

Episode 2

Friends with a demon girl.

Latina has become quite popular around town already as she's doing amazing work at the tavern for a girl her age, all while she's starting to make friends starting with Chloe after she tamed those bullies, and then the bullies themselves when she heals one of them with her magic. Latina sure is smart and is capable of handling adult tasks, but she's not exactly street smart seeing that the whole skirmish with the bullies all started because she was so amazed by rainbow magician that she didn't stick with Kenneth as she was just told to do so. But in the end all is well and this show continues to be cute and heartwarming seeing Latina growing up and experiencing new things.

Comment

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine

Channels

Collapse

Widgets Magazine
      Widgets Magazine
      Working...
      X